Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am applying for ACS skill assessment next week. I have one question regarding my name change after marriage. On my passport,I haven't changed my name after marriage and if I apply to change it now,it will take a month. I don't want to delay my ACS. So can I apply for ACS now and then at the time of EOI I can mention the name has been changed to this from this.

I know actually Australia doesn't want the name to be changed to show relationship with husband,it just need to add his name as spouse but in india,some people in police etc don't understand this and they have made compulsion sometimes to have husband's surname in my name. To avoid unwanted hassels I want to change my name on passport.

Please reply

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi dimpy01,

that won't be a problem - just go ahead with the ACS application. According to the document checklist ACS accepts a birth certificate or passport as proof of identity. The important thing is that the name on your ID and degree certificates match - if you got your degree after marriage in your new name, you should submit the marriage certificate as well to prove that YOU got the degree and not somebody with a similar name ;).

DIAC won't have a problem with the name change, whether you get a new passport or not. Form 80 has a section were you are supposed to list all your names, such as the name at birth, name after marriage, adoptive or foster name, preferred name, alternate spellings, aliases, clan names etc. ;).

Cheerio,
Monika

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Monika,

I got my degree before my marriage. So its now matching with my current passport.I will go with it as of now and submit for ACS. Thanks a lot for reply:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.