Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys,

I need a little advice.. Last Tuesday two police came into to our house and looking for me and my french husband. We are not home that time and they told to my mother in law that they will come back again. They didn't say what's the purpose of their visit. So after that me and my husband decided not to go out and wait for them to come back. Four days has passed by and they still didn't come back so we decided to go directly to the commissariat and told to us that the police who's handling for the visa.. naturalisation etc is on holiday and they will come back to work next week. So that time i was a bit confuse because i didn't apply yet myself for the naturalisation or even the 10 year resident card, so why would they visit me? Is it automatic after the 3 years of marriage? or its for a one year visa? I have looked over the internet and they said the french police usually pass by in the house and conduct an interview or if the couple is not at home they usually leave a convocation to set an appointment. Do i have to prepare on this? what kind of question usually they asked? I am not afraid as i can tell all the truth.. I don't speak that well french but i can understand a bit which i hopes it's not a problem if so what would happened if i didn't explain it well in french? are they not going to release my visa?

Thanks in advance..

·
Administrator
50,395 Posts
These days, the carte de resident is not automatic, except for a few very limited categories. Details are here: Étrangers en France : carte de résident de 10 ans - Service-public.fr

If you have not applied for a carte de resident and have not applied for nationality by marriage, I would really wonder about this visit from the police. When I applied for French nationality by marriage, the police simply dropped a convocation in the mailbox. But I suppose that could vary by location.

Is your carte de séjour up for renewal, perhaps? I suppose they could drop by to check on the validity of your marriage in connection with the renewal of your carte de séjour.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.