Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

What are the chances for positive skill assessment ? any one can tell me ?

is it suitable profile for agricultural scientist to apply ?

I am going to apply for Vetassess Skill assessment for Agricultural scientist in Australia under sub-class 190 and 489 in Victoria state.
My qualification and experience is as follow:

# Qualification

1. PhD- Plant molecular Biology and Biotechnology from Agricultural University ( worked on plant pathogen interaction in agricultural field) I learned different subjects of agriculture in 1st year of PhD and I have credit report for the same.

2. M.Sc - Biotechnology

3. B.Sc- Biotechnology

# Experience:

1. Experience 1 : (Before PhD and After MSc) Duration: 1 year
A Project on bio-fertilizer trials on different crops. I did majority task which match with task included.

2. Experience 1: Duration 3 year +
(with PhD but got monthly salary and I have evidence for same.)

This project is based on breeding in crops and some field work and laboratory testing.
objectives for corp improvement and crop protection. Match with task included as per agricultural scientists.

Furthermore, I have some awards and publications related to the field.

Is it suitable profile for agricultural scientist to apply for skill assessment ?

I will be thankful if you suggest something.

regards

Jash..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dear All,

is it suitable profile for agricultural scientist to apply ?

I am going to apply for Vetassess Skill assessment for Agricultural scientist in Australia under sub-class 190 and 489 in Victoria state.
My qualification and experience is as follow:

# Qualification

1. PhD- Plant molecular Biology and Biotechnology from Agricultural University ( worked on plant pathogen interaction in agricultural field) I learned different subjects of agriculture in 1st year of PhD and I have credit report for the same.

2. M.Sc - Biotechnology

3. B.Sc- Biotechnology

# Experience:

1. Experience 1 : (Before PhD and After MSc) Duration: 1 year
A Project on bio-fertilizer trials on different crops. I did majority task which match with task included.

2. Experience 1: Duration 3 year +
(with PhD but got monthly salary and I have evidence for same.)

This project is based on breeding in crops and some field work and laboratory testing.
objectives for corp improvement and crop protection. Match with task included as per agricultural scientists.

Furthermore, I have some awards and publications related to the field.

Is it suitable profile for agricultural scientist to apply for skill assessment ?

I will be thankful if you suggest something.

regards

Jash..
Finally waiting over and get positive.... :).. Thanks to expat forum..

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
agricultural scientist or molecular?

Finally waiting over and get positive.... :).. Thanks to expat forum..

hello Jash_9999,
Congratulations on getting positive assessment. I am considering applying for PR as an agricultural scientist. I am a plant scientist, for my PhD I investigated effects of biotic and abiotic stresses on Rice, I am currently in my second post doc, doing bioinformatics and molecular biology mainly on Arabidopsis. Most of my publicaitons and certificates are also related to work doen in arabidopsis and not crops.
I have done most of the tasks mentioned including collecting biological material, soil samples, field trials for rice, looking at plant pathogen interaction, studying effect of environmental changes on plants and more.
I am worried that my experience might be counted as molecular scientist instead of agricultural scientist. could you tell me if your Phd and work experience were on crop species or model plants? If you can share your statement of experience and cv that would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance for you help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.