Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we all know, the minimum eligibility criteria to start the process under 189 or 190 subclass is 60 points.

I have calculated 15 points for my education, 25 for my Age. However, I have a doubt how much point should I get for my job experience. I am working as a software engineer profile since 2006 to till now and I have a nearly 8.5 months gap in between 8-Oct-2013 to 3-July-2014. I have looked into ACS site to get the information but have a doubt.

Now, I have total 11 years 2 months of experience but am I supposed to consider latest past 10 years or total years?

Case1: If I consider, past 10 years, 2 years will be deducted then I will left with 8 years and then deduct 8 months , and finally I will left with 7 years and 3 months approx which should give me 10 points.

Case 2: If I consider total 11 years, then after deduction 2 years as well as 8 months of gap, I will still left with 8 years and 3 months gap which is greater than 8 years and I will get 15 points.

Please guide whosoever have better understanding of my scenario.

Thanks,
Anupam

·
Registered
204 Posts
just consider the 10 pts from your work experience. and get 20 pts from PTE. then you will have 70 pts. have skill assessment done and get 79+ pte.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just consider the 10 pts from your work experience. and get 20 pts from PTE. then you will have 70 pts. have skill assessment done and get 79+ pte.
Thanks Bulop for your quick help.

·
Registered
577 Posts
As we all know, the minimum eligibility criteria to start the process under 189 or 190 subclass is 60 points.

I have calculated 15 points for my education, 25 for my Age. However, I have a doubt how much point should I get for my job experience. I am working as a software engineer profile since 2006 to till now and I have a nearly 8.5 months gap in between 8-Oct-2013 to 3-July-2014. I have looked into ACS site to get the information but have a doubt.

Now, I have total 11 years 2 months of experience but am I supposed to consider latest past 10 years or total years?

Case1: If I consider, past 10 years, 2 years will be deducted then I will left with 8 years and then deduct 8 months , and finally I will left with 7 years and 3 months approx which should give me 10 points.

Case 2: If I consider total 11 years, then after deduction 2 years as well as 8 months of gap, I will still left with 8 years and 3 months gap which is greater than 8 years and I will get 15 points.

Thanks,
Anupam

You can claim points for experience for past 10 years only. And after appropriate deductions, you may claim 10 points; depending upon a positive skills assessment, that is.

·
Registered
458 Posts

Thanks,
Anupam
ACS will consider your last 10 year employment only. So doing the approximate calculation last 10 years from now would be from August 2007. Now subtracting 9 months gap approx would be 9 years 3 months of job experience. After ACS deducts 2 years would be 7 years 3months. So case 1 is correct in my opinion. You can score 79+ in all component in PTE so you can get 20 points. Also you can wait for a 9 months to get 8 years experience points of 15 rather than 10 right now. I suggest go for PTE :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts