Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have received a pre invite from a Department of Economic Development Jobs representative Victoria, to lodge a visa nomination in liveinvictoria site within 14 days..

I had applied EOI for 189, 190 ( NSW & VIC). Based on this I got the below and asking me to loge a visa request in the victorian site.. Ibelive this is a pre-invite and not a job offer... hence my earlier queries...

You have been contacted by a Department of Economic Development, Jobs representative

This letter refers to your Expression of Interest (EOI) submitted in the SkillSelect system.

My queries are ...
1. What happens once i apply for this in their website?
2. Will this put my EOI application in 189 or in NSW?
3. what will happen if i do not apply within 14 days? will i not be considered for any further invite under 189 or 190NSW?

Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Congratulations. Please share your ANZSCO and points breakup.

I assume you have 3 EOIs: 189, 190-NSW, and 190-VIC.

1. Nothing until VIC actually triggers the skillSelect invitation on your 190-VIC EOI. I know someone who received this pre-invite, completed the formalities on their website, but are waiting since 6 weeks now.
2. I think you meant if this will freeze your 189 and 190-NSW EOIs. No, it will not (note: I've assumed you have 3 EOIs). VIC will invite only your 190-VIC EOI in skillSelect while your 189 and 190-NSW EOIs still will remain active even after this VIC invitation. You should voluntarily withdraw the other EOIs then.
3. You still stand a chance to get invited for your 189 and 190-NSW options.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
From your previous posts I think your EOI DOE may be sometime in March 2017. The cut-off for 189 in your occupation stands at 65 points & 13-Feb so you are not too far from receiving an invite on your 189. Unless you are losing points anytime soon, I would say wait it out and prefer to go with 189 instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts