Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

I had sent my fingerprints (done from Burwood Police Station, NSW) to FBI for obtaining USA PCC on 13th Feb, 2015. The post was delivered on 24th Feb. It has been 12 weeks now but i dont have any clue on the status of my PCC request. Follow ups with FBI ([email protected]) has not yielded any results. Can anyone please let me know if they have recently received their USA PCC and how much time the whole process take ? Any help/ advice is highly appreciated.

As per FBI Website:
On September 7, 2014, CJIS installed a new IT system. As a result of this installation, we are experiencing delays in processing. Please be assured that each issue is being identified and resolved as quickly as possible, but at this time anticipated processing time for an Identity History Summary is approximately 12-14 weeks. Allow additional time for mail delivery.

Many Thanks!
Chet

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi there!

I had sent my fingerprints (done from Burwood Police Station, NSW) to FBI for obtaining USA PCC on 13th Feb, 2015. The post was delivered on 24th Feb. It has been 12 weeks now but i dont have any clue on the status of my PCC request. Follow ups with FBI ([email protected]) has not yielded any results. Can anyone please let me know if they have recently received their USA PCC and how much time the whole process take ? Any help/ advice is highly appreciated.

As per FBI Website:
On September 7, 2014, CJIS installed a new IT system. As a result of this installation, we are experiencing delays in processing. Please be assured that each issue is being identified and resolved as quickly as possible, but at this time anticipated processing time for an Identity History Summary is approximately 12-14 weeks. Allow additional time for mail delivery.

Many Thanks!
Chet

Hi,

You can call the FBI to check on the status . They can confirm whether or not they have received your application and packages arrived for what date are being opened and the current processing dates .

As per my experience it takes about 12 weeks for them to cash the payment and once that is done about 3 weeks to issue the letter.

Hope it helps .

Regards,

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi there!

As per FBI Website:

Many Thanks!
Chet
Call them at +1-304-625-5590, they will be able to help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

Thanks @apatel and @expecting! I was able to connect with them and get the required clarification..

Thanks again!

Chet

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Chet,

Came across your post. I too send my fingerprints via the Burwood Police Station NSW. It has been 3 weeks already but have no way to confirm if they received the documents.

Could you please tell me how you were able to find out when the post was delivered? Apparently tracking does not work on international registered post.

Regards
Krithi

Hi there!

As per FBI Website:

Many Thanks!
Chet

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Chet,

Came across your post. I too send my fingerprints via the Burwood Police Station NSW. It has been 3 weeks already but have no way to confirm if they received the documents.

Could you please tell me how you were able to find out when the post was delivered? Apparently tracking does not work on international registered post.

Regards
Krithi

Hi Krithi,

Yes, for me also it was the same situation as you. However, be optimistic as things will work out fine and it takes time.

FBI PCC usually takes 12-14 weeks from the date the request was received by them. It can take 10+ weeks for the request to show up in their system. I had contacted them via email at the end of 10 weeks to verify the status and they were quick to respond. I received my PCC after 12 weeks.

In short, relax and all should be fine!

Cheers!
Chet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.