Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am having query regarding spouse degree point.

Do i only claim spouse point if her degree is same as my occupation?

E.g. My category is 261313 and my degree is MCA and my spouse's degree is B.Com.

So do i can apply for assessment and claim 5 point in this case?

Thank You.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
||| Partner Skills Criteria |||

You may claim Partner Skills points IF your Partner is able to meet the following Criteria:

• Under 50 years of age
  • Evidence your partner has at least competent English
  • Skills Assessment in a nominated occupation on the same Skilled Occupations List (SOL) used for your Application

Following is an excerpt from IMMI website regarding Partner skills:

Partner skills:

You can receive five points if your partner meets requirements at the time you are invited to apply relating to:

* Your partner’s personal documents that prove they are under 50 years of age.

* Evidence your partner has at least competent English at time of invitation have at least competent English. This evidence can include one of the following:

• They hold a valid passport issued by the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland and they are a citizen of that country.
  • They have achieved a score of at least 6 in each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and writing) in an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test that has been undertaken in the three years immediately prior to lodging the visa application.
  • They have achieved a score of at least 'B' in each of the four test components of an Occupational English Test (OET) that has been undertaken in the three years immediately prior to lodging the visa application.
  • They have achieved the following minimum test scores in each of the four test components: 12 for listening, 13 for reading, 21 for writing and 18 for speaking, in a Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFL iBT) test that has been undertaken in the three years immediately prior to lodging the visa application.
  • They have achieved a test score of at least 50 in each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and writing) in a Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic conducted in the three years immediately test that has been undertaken in the three years immediately prior to lodging the visa application.
  • You have achieved a test score of at least 169 in each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and writing) in a Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test that has been undertaken on or after 1 January 2015 and prior to lodging the visa application.

* A suitable skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority for your partner’s nominated occupation (which must be on the same skilled occupations list as your nominated occupation).

Hi,

I am having query regarding spouse degree point.

Do i only claim spouse point if her degree is same as my occupation?

E.g. My category is 261313 and my degree is MCA and my spouse's degree is B.Com.

So do i can apply for assessment and claim 5 point in this case?

Thank You.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may claim Partner Skills points IF your Partner is able to meet the following Criteria:

[*]Under 50 years of age
[*]Evidence your partner has at least competent English
[*]Skills Assessment in a nominated occupation on the same Skilled Occupations List (SOL) used for your Application

Thanks Jeeten

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

[*]Under 50 years of age
[*]Evidence your partner has at least competent English
[*]Skills Assessment in a nominated occupation on the same Skilled Occupations List (SOL) used for your Application

It will work for 190 and 489 also?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Its applicable to the following VISA sub-classes:

• Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)

• Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) | Invited Pathway

It will work for 190 and 489 also?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its applicable to the following VISA sub-classes:

[*]Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)

[*]Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) | Invited Pathway

Thanks a lot Jeeten.

One more question. For B.Com graduate which skill ll be applicable for assessment?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Here you go:

Unit Group 2211: Accountants

Accountant (General)—221111
Management Accountant—221112
Taxation Accountant—221113

REF: Unit Group 2211: Accountants

Thanks a lot Jeeten.

One more question. For B.Com graduate which skill ll be applicable for assessment?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Probably you might want to do some search on this.

As I have less idea regarding 2211: Accountants.

Great,

Dont they want C.A. or equal ant degree for the same?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts