Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I need 7 band in each module to apply for Australia Immigration. Unfortunately, I got 6.5 in writing and I feel, it is difficult to get 7 band in writing. I have heard that in Gulf (UAE), people are awarded higher band because of leniency in marking as their level of English is poor as compared to other part of the world but I have not read anywhere regarding this. Tough my 1 or 2 friends had given IELTs in Gulf area and they got more than 7 band but they can't confirm it as they have not attempted IELTs in Pakistan. So, I just want to know is IELTs marking varies from region to region ? I mean what if I would try IELTs in UAE, is that the possibility I could get higher band ??

Please let me know, if anyone have any experience regarding this or know anything about it. I am really desperate because of this.

Hope to hear from you guys. Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
All fake stories...Practice is the key..Or may be try PTE as it is known to be bit easier but I also heard that they are about to make it tougher (Or may be already did that)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hi,

I need 7 band in each module to apply for Australia Immigration. Unfortunately, I got 6.5 in writing and I feel, it is difficult to get 7 band in writing. I have heard that in Gulf (UAE), people are awarded higher band because of leniency in marking as their level of English is poor as compared to other part of the world but I have not read anywhere regarding this. Tough my 1 or 2 friends had given IELTs in Gulf area and they got more than 7 band but they can't confirm it as they have not attempted IELTs in Pakistan. So, I just want to know is IELTs marking varies from region to region ? I mean what if I would try IELTs in UAE, is that the possibility I could get higher band ??

Please let me know, if anyone have any experience regarding this or know anything about it. I am really desperate because of this.

This might be true. At least you (are likely to) stand out from the crowd when taking a test in such countries. And bear in mind, examiners there are accustomed to those candidates' writing style and accent.

I for one can confirm that taking the test in Australia is somehow harder than in Vietnam (my motherland). Having said that, my best results (overall 8.5) were taken in Australia.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi,

Wait for 1 July 2015, DIBP may accept overall band score rather than individual score.

Good luck.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Tough my 1 or 2 friends had given IELTs in Gulf area and they got more than 7 band but they can't confirm it as they have not attempted IELTs in Pakistan
-----

Don't get me wrong, it should be though instead of tough.

Practice well and you will get the required number.

Reactions: Amir.rashid

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you guys for the feedback.

So, i think i should go for PTE or wait for July 1 as Nanduu said DIBP is going to revise the policy of IELTs and they might accept overall 7.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This might be true. At least you (are likely to) stand out from the crowd when taking a test in such countries. And bear in mind, examiners there are accustomed to those candidates' writing style and accent.

I for one can confirm that taking the test in Australia is somehow harder than in Vietnam (my motherland). Having said that, my best results (overall 8.5) were taken in Australia.

That's exactly my point was. But still got no confirmation from anyone who have experienced this region wise IELTs difficulty specially in GULF. But thank you for your feedback.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.