Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a rather different query than what are answered here but here goes.

I have received the ITA a couple of weeks ago and everything is ready except for the medical examination reports.

Now I am a heavy guy (polite way of saying obese) with a bmi > 35.

I did go through the immigration website and I only found one reference to bmi in the operations manual saying that optimally the bmi should be 30 or less.

Now I am obviously on a weight loss mission but I am fairly certain that I will not be able to reach 30 before the four month deadline to file the ITA is up. So my question is that can this be grounds for visa rejection ? Anyone with similar experience or knowledge would be very helpful. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
4,891 Posts
Yes it can be grounds for visa rejection.
Obesity is a huge huge problem here and I guess Immigration don't wish to willingly add to the problem by allowing migrants in who are clinically obese which is why they have the 30 guideline.
It isn't as simple as being a black & white decision though. If you have any part of your medical outside of normal measurements then it will be referred to a medical assessor to determine your prognosis and likely cost to the NZ health system. If they think you'll cost too much then it'll be a decline and if not too much they'll determine you have an acceptable standard of health. Best way to make sure is to get those measurements within limits as much as possible and then hope for the best come medical report time. Hopefully there isn't an underlying issue causing the obesity and you don't have any relating issues like diabetes or high bp etc etc as these things can spiral and delay your process for months.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

I don't have any relating issues (thankfully). I recently had my medicals done for my company and all reports are normal. So l will try to come close to the norms within the limited time span and lodge the application.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is a rather different query than what are answered here but here goes.

I have received the ITA a couple of weeks ago and everything is ready except for the medical examination reports.

Now I am a heavy guy (polite way of saying obese) with a bmi > 35.

I did go through the immigration website and I only found one reference to bmi in the operations manual saying that optimally the bmi should be 30 or less.

Now I am obviously on a weight loss mission but I am fairly certain that I will not be able to reach 30 before the four month deadline to file the ITA is up. So my question is that can this be grounds for visa rejection ? Anyone with similar experience or knowledge would be very helpful. Thanks.
Hi - Since you got your ITA two weeks back, many congratulation. Can you help me in filling the EOI , I am facing some issue that when i am adding my spouse qualification
the system does not show 20 point for her M.Phil in Mathematics. Just nee immediate help.
if you can spare few minutes, I would be grateful to you.

Regards,
Praveen Yadav

·
Super Moderator
4,891 Posts
Hi - Since you got your ITA two weeks back, many congratulation. Can you help me in filling the EOI , I am facing some issue that when i am adding my spouse qualification
the system does not show 20 point for her M.Phil in Mathematics. Just nee immediate help.
if you can spare few minutes, I would be grateful to you.

Regards,
Praveen Yadav
You have simply done something wrong within the online EOI. You have left some hidden text in a box, ticked a box you shouldn't have or not ticked a box you should have. Go through from the start to find your error. If you can't find it then selwte and start again making sure you complete everything required.
Sounds to me you've added the partner info but have failed to select the partnership area of the EOI in the online form for calculation.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You have simply done something wrong within the online EOI. You have left some hidden text in a box, ticked a box you shouldn't have or not ticked a box you should have. Go through from the start to find your error. If you can't find it then selwte and start again making sure you complete everything required.
Sounds to me you've added the partner info but have failed to select the partnership area of the EOI in the online form for calculation.
Thanks a Lot...Rectified the issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts