Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,

i m new to expat and this is my first thread,
i m a indian living and working in Abu Dhabi, i m in relation with a girl from Uk, she want me send supporting documents so i can apply for an fiance visa. i m clear about the papers but i m not sure about the amount of money which i need to have in my account for my application.
so if any body out there knows anything about it , kindly let me know...

Thanks

·
Registered
39,154 Posts
hi everyone,

i m new to expat and this is my first thread,
i m a indian living and working in Abu Dhabi, i m in relation with a girl from Uk, she want me send supporting documents so i can apply for an fiance visa. i m clear about the papers but i m not sure about the amount of money which i need to have in my account for my application.
so if any body out there knows anything about it , kindly let me know...
It's not so much what you have but what your UK sponsor - your fiancée - has that's crucial to your application. At the moment, any savings you can bring over to UK will be taken into account. All told, you need £105.95 in cash per week over 6 months (the length of your visa) after paying for housing (rent or mortgage) and council tax.

If you apply from June, the rules are likely to change and you need something like £25,700 a year before tax in your UK sponsor's income and your savings etc may not count. Details are yet to be announced.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

It's not so much what you have but what your UK sponsor - your fiancée - has that's crucial to your application. At the moment, any savings you can bring over to UK will be taken into account. All told, you need £105.95 in cash per week over 6 months (the length of your visa) after paying for housing (rent or mortgage) and council tax.

If you apply from June, the rules are likely to change and you need something like £25,700 a year before tax in your UK sponsor's income and your savings etc may not count. Details are yet to be announced.
Thanks for your reply...

so its her financial state matters more then my savings, well then she have to show her income enough to support my visit.
and what about the expanse of the wedding? who have to show that amount...? me or her, or joint?
and one more thing...as i am working so do i have to take an no objection letter from my employer stating that they are willing to give me off for six months? or i can get a permission for few days?

Thank you....

·
Registered
39,154 Posts
Thanks for your reply...

so its her financial state matters more then my savings, well then she have to show her income enough to support my visit.
and what about the expanse of the wedding? who have to show that amount...? me or her, or joint?
and one more thing...as i am working so do i have to take an no objection letter from my employer stating that they are willing to give me off for six months? or i can get a permission for few days?
Do you want to live in UK after your wedding or return to UAE? If the latter, you don't need a fiancé visa but a marriage visitor visa.

·
Registered
29 Posts

Do you want to live in UK after your wedding or return to UAE? If the latter, you don't need a fiancé visa but a marriage visitor visa.
Thanks for ur response,
within how many days i can marry after reaching there?
because according to my fiancee we have to get a date from registrar , and if that date going to b after three four months its better for me to come back, and then go again on said date.
i really do not know if it is possible or not to come back before six months, is it going to b a multiple entry visa or a single entry visa? :confused:
please guide me regarding that.....

thanks

·
Registered
39,154 Posts
Thanks for ur response,
within how many days i can marry after reaching there?
because according to my fiancee we have to get a date from registrar , and if that date going to b after three four months its better for me to come back, and then go again on said date.
i really do not know if it is possible or not to come back before six months, is it going to b a multiple entry visa or a single entry visa? :confused:
please guide me regarding that.....
You still haven't answered my question.
What do you want to do? To marry in UK and then stay on (settle) there?
Or do you just want to marry in UK, and then return to your job in UAE with your new wife or on your own?
Before I can answer your other questions, you must tell me first.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You still haven't answered my question.
What do you want to do? To marry in UK and then stay on (settle) there?
Or do you just want to marry in UK, and then return to your job in UAE with your new wife or on your own?
Before I can answer your other questions, you must tell me first.
Good morning,
sir i will not come back to UAE for work, because my fiancee she dont want to leave her family.

Thanks

·
Registered
39,154 Posts
Good morning,
sir i will not come back to UAE for work, because my fiancee she dont want to leave her family.
Thanks for that.
This is what you should do.
Get a fiancé visa at the British consulate in UAE, which will be valid 6 months. During that time you need to give notice for marriage at a designated register office, get wed and apply for further leave to remain (FLR) as husband of a British citizen. This gives you 2 years in UK, at the end of which you can apply for settlement (ILR).

As I said, you need to have financial resources - her income, combined savings and any help from family and friends in UK to meet your maintenance requirement.
The fiancé visa is multi-entry, so you can come and go before you are married. After your wedding, you can no longer use the visa to re-enter UK, as you aren't a fiancé any more. So, as I said, you must apply for FLR.
Before leaving UAE, you really need to leave your job to make a move to UK permanent. It isn't feasible for you to return to UAE before or after your wedding to work - there just isn't enough time for it. After getting your FLR, you will be allowed to work so start networking among existing contacts for a job in UK, and enclose your CV and potential job vacancy you can go for in your visa application to show your employment prospect.

Remember the rules are due to change soon (possibly from June) and you may need £25,700 in UK sponsor's income and probationary period before settlement may be increased from two to five years. We are waiting for formal announcement.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks :) I really thankful to you,that u given ur time to explain all this in a nice manner, I will co ordinate with my fiancée and try to apply for visa as soon as I can , I need to show my bank balance, statements, work details, evidence that we met each other, evidence about our civil status, evidence that we are really serious about getting married in next few months, like wedding invitations etc., evidence of accommodation in UK, Her savings and work details. these all I need to attach with my application, anything else beside that I can show? Do I have to take English test also? Thanks

·
Registered
39,154 Posts
Thanks :) I really thankful to you,that u given ur time to explain all this in a nice manner, I will co ordinate with my fiancée and try to apply for visa as soon as I can , I need to show my bank balance, statements, work details, evidence that we met each other, evidence about our civil status, evidence that we are really serious about getting married in next few months, like wedding invitations etc., evidence of accommodation in UK, Her savings and work details. these all I need to attach with my application, anything else beside that I can show? Do I have to take English test also?
You have to attach evidence of how you kept in touch whilst apart, such as text, skype, email etc - just the fact you communicated to each other such as skype log, not the actual content.

You need to write a letter of introduction addressed to Entry Clearance Officer, giving an outline of your relationship from first contact, first meeting, deepening relationship, engagement and hope for the future - to settle permanently as a couple in UK. Your fiancée should write a similar letter of support describing the relationship from her point of view. The two generally need to agree.

You have to pass an English test at an appropriate level unless you have a degree taught in English (documentary proof required). See UK Border Agency | English language requirement

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks , u r really a good advisor, I will do exactly the same , my fiancée she is booking the hall for reception and going to book a date with registrar , is it okay to do all these preparations before visa,? She is so sure that visa will b clear, but I feel it is little complicated.

·
Registered
39,154 Posts
Thanks , u r really a good advisor, I will do exactly the same , my fiancée she is booking the hall for reception and going to book a date with registrar , is it okay to do all these preparations before visa,? She is so sure that visa will b clear, but I feel it is little complicated.
She can probably book provisionally with the registrar, but you can only give notice of marriage after you get your visa and when you both attend together at the register office. It can only be done on Day 8 or later after landing in UK, and it takes 15 days before marriage licence can be issued, allowing you to marry. It's good that she is going ahead with wedding preparations, as there isn't a lot of time once your visa is issued, and venues and caterers etc get booked up months in advance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i will look forward to take KET, for my visa application , i was told here that i need to take KET, but my cousin in Australia he got married to an British girl, he did IELTS only, Y for me its KET?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jack jaggi said:
well i will look forward to take KET, for my visa application , i was told here that i need to take KET, but my cousin in Australia he got married to an British girl, he did IELTS only, Y for me its KET?
I checked already I need to do KET only as it is the requirement for fiancé visa, thanks for your cooperation

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You have to attach evidence of how you kept in touch whilst apart, such as text, skype, email etc - just the fact you communicated to each other such as skype log, not the actual content.

You need to write a letter of introduction addressed to Entry Clearance Officer, giving an outline of your relationship from first contact, first meeting, deepening relationship, engagement and hope for the future - to settle permanently as a couple in UK. Your fiancée should write a similar letter of support describing the relationship from her point of view. The two generally need to agree.

You have to pass an English test at an appropriate level unless you have a degree taught in English (documentary proof required). See UK Border Agency | English language requirement
hi ,

my fiancee has booked provisionally with registry office wedding date for 24th November 2012, so before how many months i can submit my application for visa?
thanks

·
Registered
39,154 Posts
jack jaggi said:
hi ,

my fiancee has booked provisionally with registry office wedding date for 24th November 2012, so before how many months i can submit my application for visa?
thanks
I would say you should be in UK with your fiancee visa at least 2 months before your wedding for any unforeseen circumstances. Depending on how long it normally takes for a visa to be issued, about 3 months before your wedding if processing time is around 4 weeks, and so on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hi ,

i m here again with my questions ,
at the time of submitting my application for fiance visa, i need to attach my CV only or my academic records also, if academic records need to b attach do i need to attest them from my home country or from British embassy ? or embassy will do the verification by there own?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.