Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
My name is Abhishek Dhiman, I belong to India. I am going to apply under the skilled migration process for visa purpose. I have a slight query regarding the process and assessment of the CDR, I have searched the web and also checked information form the official website but I am unable to gather correct information. I want to know that if I will be applying for the assessment as a PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER but the the assessor finds my profile more suitable for ENGINEER TECHNOLOGIST, then do I need to pay any extra fees for the assessment as ENGINEER TECHNOLOGIST or wether the fees I had paid once will do the needful?
It would be very helpful for me if you provide me with this information. I appreciate your support.

Thanks & Regards
Abhishek Dhiman

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi everyone
My name is Abhishek Dhiman, I belong to India. I am going to apply under the skilled migration process for visa purpose. I have a slight query regarding the process and assessment of the CDR, I have searched the web and also checked information form the official website but I am unable to gather correct information. I want to know that if I will be applying for the assessment as a PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER but the the assessor finds my profile more suitable for ENGINEER TECHNOLOGIST, then do I need to pay any extra fees for the assessment as ENGINEER TECHNOLOGIST or wether the fees I had paid once will do the needful?
It would be very helpful for me if you provide me with this information. I appreciate your support.

Thanks & Regards
Abhishek Dhiman
Assessor will rate you against the category you apply. He wont be suggesting you to apply elsewhere.
If you want to apply against different category , then you have to apply for re-assessement

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for sharing this information but I have already gone through some threads on this forum where people have shared their experiences regarding the same. But, I could not get the answer to my question.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Hi everyone

Thanks & Regards
Abhishek Dhiman

Yes for all questions you raised except for fee part.

CO will ask your opinion if he finds you are suitable for something else other than what you applied for, only when you provide all required docs.

Then you have to decide whether to continue with what assessor suggested or to re-apply.

In your case-----> Prof.Eng to Eng Tech.

So no worries.

Good luck

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello all,

My husband is a mechanical engineer and he passed out in the year 2009. We want to get his degree assessed to claim partner points. (NOT WORK EXPERIENCE)

I had a few queries regarding the CDR preparation. Please help me with the same

1) He is writing the career episodes from only the academic projects he did and not from his work experience. (since his experience was in technical sales). Do I need to mention his work experience in the resume? Will he need to submit reference letter from his employer? After working for four years in technical sales, he did his MBA and is currently working on the basis of the same. Do we need to mention all this in the resume? what all things should we mention in the CV if we are writing career episodes based solely on his academics?

2) I have gone through the MSA booklet and it no where mentions that the certified documents should be notarized. Still just confirming, we just need to color scan the original copies of his documents, right?

3) What is the certificate format for the academic projects that he completed, on the basis of which we would be writing career episodes? What fields should it include?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Trusha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts