Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.

I had a query. Would appreciate if someone can help me and clear my doubts about applying for Australian PR - 190.

1. I am from Pune and have completed PGDBM in HR and have 2.5 years of exp into US recruitment. (Job title - Sr. Cust Service Rep.). Job Duties include - Recruitment, job postings, phone interviews, interview scheduling, building offers and background check for clients based out of US. Can I apply for 190 visa by nominating Recruitment Consultant as my occupation?

2. Secondly, Shall I wait to complete 3 years into my current role for experience as I can get more points to qualify.

3. Which state currently offers SS for this role?

4. Also, If I wait for 6 months, the list would get updated around July/August 2017. Are there any chances that my nominated occupation (Recruitment Consultant) would NOT be a part of the SOL or CSOL?

Current Points :-
Age 26 - 30pts
Education PGDBM - 15 pts
IELTS/PTE - 20. (Confident about scoring a 8 band)

So, I have 65 points as of now in my hand. I wanted to know if I shall wait for six months and increase points for more probability or shall I go ahead and start the application as I would get 5 points for state nomination as well no matter if I apply now or six months down the line. Please advise.

Regards,
Chinmay

·
Registered
736 Posts
just to add, it would be better if you get your job designation changed from customer service rep to something more suitable because it does make effect too

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Reactions: KonnurC

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Sultan_azam,

Thanks for the quick response.

Could you please also help me with other questions I have. It will be of great help.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello ibbz87,

Could you please also help me with other questions I have. It will be of great help.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
1. I am from Pune and have completed PGDBM in HR and have 2.5 years of exp into US recruitment. (Job title - Sr. Cust Service Rep.). Job Duties include - Recruitment, job postings, phone interviews, interview scheduling, building offers and background check for clients based out of US. Can I apply for 190 visa by nominating Recruitment Consultant as my occupation?

first of all you need skill assessment for occupation code from competent authority, VETASSESS is the body who assess skills for recruitment consultant https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work...ng-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/CSOL

2. Secondly, Shall I wait to complete 3 years into my current role for experience as I can get more points to qualify. there is no harm in waiting, but if you are getting nomination with 65 points then well and good

3. Which state currently offers SS for this role? this occupation doesnt appears on SOL of nsw or victoria, check individual websites of states for this information

4. Also, If I wait for 6 months, the list would get updated around July/August 2017. Are there any chances that my nominated occupation (Recruitment Consultant) would NOT be a part of the SOL or CSOL? cant be confirmed

Current Points :-
Age 26 - 30pts
Education PGDBM - 15 pts
IELTS/PTE - 20. (Confident about scoring a 8 band)

So, I have 65 points as of now in my hand. I wanted to know if I shall wait for six months and increase points for more probability or shall I go ahead and start the application as I would get 5 points for state nomination as well no matter if I apply now or six months down the line. Please advise. use this time for english test and skill assessment

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello sultan_azam - Thanks for your reply. That helps.

Queensland - I know it is tough to score 20 poionts in IELTS but I am trying to prepare for that accoringly.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
You can use this site to find which states are sponsoring any occupation: https://www.anzscosearch.com/search/

I think you'll find that Recruitment Consultant is only available through South Australia, and there it is on the Supplementary list (Lists of State Nominated Occupations). Supplementary list occupations are only available if you meet the additional criteria set out by South Australia, which is:
  • I am an international graduate of South Australia.
  • I have worked in a skilled occupation in South Australia for the last 12 months.
  • I have an immediate family member permanently residing in South Australia for 12 months or more.
  • I have high points

I believe high points is 80 points (including the 5 from state sponsorship).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HI Maggie-May24,

Thanks for the reply.

So would you suggest that I start the process as of now and wait for the occupation to be open in some other state by next year.

My agent says that it keeps opening every 4-5months, is that true?

Otherwise, I have 6 years of football coaching exp with a local club and I can nominate (452317) as my occupation. I wanted to know if a experience letter from a local football club be enough that I coach there since years including my roles. I have football coaching certificate from the English FA.
Please advise.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
452317 is only sponsored by South Australia (same extra criteria applies) and NT. NT will typically reject 190 sponsorship and offer 489 sponsorship instead to make more sure that applicants truly plan to live in NT vs. simply moving to Sydney or Melbourne.

Although states may change their occupation lists more than once a year, I think if those are your occupation options, you realistically have a low chance of securing a visa unless you can find an employer to sponsor you. Of course finding an employer when you are outside Australia without a visa can be quite difficult.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts