Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm an engineer + MBA by background, both from recognized institutions.
I have total 5 years of work experience. Currently I'm the Co-founder and COO of a startup.

I'm considering applying under Engineering Manager (Code: 133211)

AIM application form says - Start with your current position. Please attach a cover letter explaining any breaks in employment if applicable. At least eight and up to 10 years (of past ten years) continuous work history is required to show the progression within your career. Note: our assessment is based upon a review of an entire career history, but with an emphasis on the past three (3) years

But somewhere it also says on their website - For all applications, the years of experience may be reduced if the applicant has qualifications in management studies or business administration assessed as comparable to an Australian Bachelor, Post Graduate or Master degree, or in a discipline relevant to the field in which the manager is working. This applies where the qualification concerned has been completed immediately prior to, or within the relevant time frame of years of management experience being assessed. The Country Education Profiles prepared by the National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition are the basis for an educational assessment.

Query: Is 5 years of work experience sufficient in this case to apply under AIM?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

I'm an engineer + MBA by background, both from recognized institutions.
I have total 5 years of work experience. Currently I'm the Co-founder and COO of a startup.

I'm considering applying under Engineering Manager (Code: 133211)

AIM application form says - Start with your current position. Please attach a cover letter explaining any breaks in employment if applicable. At least eight and up to 10 years (of past ten years) continuous work history is required to show the progression within your career. Note: our assessment is based upon a review of an entire career history, but with an emphasis on the past three (3) years

But somewhere it also says on their website - For all applications, the years of experience may be reduced if the applicant has qualifications in management studies or business administration assessed as comparable to an Australian Bachelor, Post Graduate or Master degree, or in a discipline relevant to the field in which the manager is working. This applies where the qualification concerned has been completed immediately prior to, or within the relevant time frame of years of management experience being assessed. The Country Education Profiles prepared by the National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition are the basis for an educational assessment.

Query: Is 5 years of work experience sufficient in this case to apply under AIM?
if you are having 5 years of experience a Sr manager and minimum 3 Manager are directly reporting to you and you are independent enough to take the decision of tasks assigned to you and you suppose to give all the evidence like organisation hierarchy, your Job profile signed from CEO level . then you can expect the positive assessment from AIM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts