Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am a computer science engineer and I have 3.7 years of work experience as software testing engineer.

I am planning to apply for skilled independent visa(189).
I went through ACS skills assessment guidelines. I found this:

5. SKILL LEVEL REQUIREMENT MET DATE
The “Skill Level Requirement Met Date” will be noted on your ACS result letter and will be determined by the outcome of the suitability criteria.
All relevant work experience completed after the “Skill Level Requirement Met Date” will be considered “Skilled Employment” and eligible for points under the skilled migration points test.
The work experience required to meet the suitability criteria is NOT included as “Skilled Employment” and is NOT eligible for points under the skilled migration points test.
The ACS assessment process will seek to find the earliest “Skill Level Requirement Met Date” possible for each assessment type.
Example 1 – Employment completed AFTER the qualification:
 You complete a relevant Bachelor degree with a major in ICT in Jan 2008 and you have 4 years of relevant work experience from Jan 2008 until Jan 2012.
 2 years of work experience will be used to satisfy the suitability criteria and your Skill Level Requirement Met Date will be Jan 2010.
 All suitable work experience completed AFTER Jan 2010 will be considered “Skilled Employment” and eligible for the skilled migration points test.
 The 2 years of work experience used to satisfy the suitability criteria is NOT eligible for the skilled migration points test but is assessed to meet the suitability criteria.
-------

does this mean that i won't be eligible for points for my work experience ??

please clarify me on this.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hello all,

I am a computer science engineer and I have 3.7 years of work experience as software testing engineer.

I am planning to apply for skilled independent visa(189).
I went through ACS skills assessment guidelines. I found this:

5. SKILL LEVEL REQUIREMENT MET DATE
The “Skill Level Requirement Met Date” will be noted on your ACS result letter and will be determined by the outcome of the suitability criteria.
All relevant work experience completed after the “Skill Level Requirement Met Date” will be considered “Skilled Employment” and eligible for points under the skilled migration points test.
The work experience required to meet the suitability criteria is NOT included as “Skilled Employment” and is NOT eligible for points under the skilled migration points test.
The ACS assessment process will seek to find the earliest “Skill Level Requirement Met Date” possible for each assessment type.
Example 1 – Employment completed AFTER the qualification:
 You complete a relevant Bachelor degree with a major in ICT in Jan 2008 and you have 4 years of relevant work experience from Jan 2008 until Jan 2012.
 2 years of work experience will be used to satisfy the suitability criteria and your Skill Level Requirement Met Date will be Jan 2010.
 All suitable work experience completed AFTER Jan 2010 will be considered “Skilled Employment” and eligible for the skilled migration points test.
 The 2 years of work experience used to satisfy the suitability criteria is NOT eligible for the skilled migration points test but is assessed to meet the suitability criteria.
-------

does this mean that i won't be eligible for points for my work experience ??

please clarify me on this.
That's correct.
Your first 2 years will be assessed as normal work experience.

The rest 1.7 years of experience will be assessed as skilled employment which can be used to claim points when submitting EOI. However points are only awarded for more than or equal to 3 years of skilled employment.

Hope it's clear.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks batcoder for the clarification...

in that case, if i apply for a state nomination, will they also consider the first 2 years as normal experience ??

for example, victoria state asks for score 7.0 in each IELTS band and minimum 3 years work experience. so, will i be eligible to apply for this state nomination ??

please clarify me on this..

thanks..

·
Registered
367 Posts
thanks batcoder for the clarification...

in that case, if i apply for a state nomination, will they also consider the first 2 years as normal experience ??

for example, victoria state asks for score 7.0 in each IELTS band and minimum 3 years work experience. so, will i be eligible to apply for this state nomination ??

please clarify me on this..

thanks..
Victoria considers all your work experience. However they do you require you to provide skills assessment result letter when applying for state nomination on their website. So I am not sure how your chances would fair.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi batcoder,

Thanks again for your quick reply...
First I will apply for ACS assessment, then give a shot at victoria...

take care !!
Cheers !!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Team,

My query is I am having 5+ yrs of total work experience in my .

My Qualification is M.C.A .

When i calculate my Work Experience points for Australia PR , they say Total Experience deduct 2 yrs will be the total Experience for points calculation.

·
Registered
769 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hi Team,

My query is I am having 5+ yrs of total work experience in my .

My Qualification is M.C.A .

When i calculate my Work Experience points for Australia PR , they say Total Experience deduct 2 yrs will be the total Experience for points calculation.
In general, for MCA qualification they deduct 2 years of experience(if qualification is ICT Major and is closely related to nominated occupation) So remaining 3+ years you can claim points.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts