Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like to ask some queries which can lead me to get idea about Accounts job market in New Zealand because I am planning to visit New Zealand for job purpose. Here are some queries to discuss with you and I need to get your opinion.

 Initially I have done Master in Business Administration (Banking & Finance), having approx. Six (6) year Experience in Accounts field include 5 years in UAE. So what you think it will be helpful for me to get job in New Zealand. As I am already aware my profession not on the shortage list
 Planning to visit New Zealand for searching job in Accounts/Finance: It’s easy to get job there on visit visa?
 How’s job market of New Zealand?
 And if I got job in New Zealand then it can help me to get Residency?

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
I would like to ask some queries which can lead me to get idea about Accounts job market in New Zealand because I am planning to visit New Zealand for job purpose. Here are some queries to discuss with you and I need to get your opinion.

 Initially I have done Master in Business Administration (Banking & Finance), having approx. Six (6) year Experience in Accounts field include 5 years in UAE. So what you think it will be helpful for me to get job in New Zealand. As I am already aware my profession not on the shortage list
 Planning to visit New Zealand for searching job in Accounts/Finance: It’s easy to get job there on visit visa?
 How’s job market of New Zealand?
 And if I got job in New Zealand then it can help me to get Residency?
Have a look on www.seek.co.nz for vacancies in that area. This will give you a good idea of the industry here.

Be aware that searching for a job/work/employment as a visitor is not strictly allowed. This is not the usual activity of a tourist and if it is known you are here or intend to come here with the sole intention of finding work you'll more than likely not even get the chance to set foot on the airplane or worst case after many hours of flight be turned around and sent back to where you came from.
You are allowed to attend "business consultations" which can include job interviews but these will be pre arranged and declared to Immigration before travel.
That said many people do use the visitor visa to come here and find work, but it is a risk.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks you so much for giving your precious time, meanwhile i ask you a one question, How is job market in New Zealand? As you said that on visit visa its not usual activity to search job.
And one more thing i would like to ask you, Could you please give me some trust worthy consultants where i can contact him for job matters.
Thanks again for your valuable comments.

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
Thanks you so much for giving your precious time, meanwhile i ask you a one question, How is job market in New Zealand? As you said that on visit visa its not usual activity to search job.
And one more thing i would like to ask you, Could you please give me some trust worthy consultants where i can contact him for job matters.
Thanks again for your valuable comments.
I've no idea what the job market is like in NZ for accountants or in the finance sector as that's not my field of expertise so I have no interest in it. This is why I sent you the link for Seek to research and answer your own question.
You can also have a look on www.careers.govt.nz and place your occupation in the search box. The results will give you an idea of the opportunities, number of people already employed in that field, skills and qualifications required, likely responsibilities and likely salary etc.

I'm unable to provide any details of job consultants. You can find these yourself via Seek. Find the vacancies and you will see the majority of them are advertised by employment agents or recruitment consultants of which you can contact them directly if you desire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts