Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, Need one more help regarding partner skill assessment.

QUERY: Could you please guide me what is the criteria to get 5 points from partner skill assessment. Below requirements I am already aware with.

* Is not an Australian permanent resident or an Australian citizen
* Is under 50 at time of application
* Has an occupation listed on the same SOL as the main applicant
* Has a positive skills assessment by the relevant assessing authority
* Has competent English;

NOTE: I spoke to one consultant he said your jobs and responsibilities are same as your spouse. However, to get 5 point from partner skills "EDUCATION SHOULD ALSO BE SAME" . Is it true?

My education is B.sc (Maths,physics, chemistry) and Master of computer Application.
Husband Education is Bachelor of science (Computer Science)

Please confirm the same.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
23,906 Posts
Hi All, Need one more help regarding partner skill assessment.

QUERY: Could you please guide me what is the criteria to get 5 points from partner skill assessment. Below requirements I am already aware with.

* Is not an Australian permanent resident or an Australian citizen
* Is under 50 at time of application
* Has an occupation listed on the same SOL as the main applicant
* Has a positive skills assessment by the relevant assessing authority
* Has competent English;

NOTE: I spoke to one consultant he said your jobs and responsibilities are same as your spouse. However, to get 5 point from partner skills "EDUCATION SHOULD ALSO BE SAME" . Is it true?

My education is B.sc (Maths,physics, chemistry) and Master of computer Application.
Husband Education is Bachelor of science (Computer Science)

Please confirm the same.

Thanks in advance.
Everything after your NOTE is BS

As long as you fulfill the requirements you have listed above that , you can claim the partner points

Cheers

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PTE coaching

Hi ,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I just wanted to know have you taken any coaching before your appeared PTE exam or prepared on your own

I have already attempted IELTS but scored 6 band only, so no use of that. However, I am familiar with IELTS pattern but I want to appear for PTE this time.

Is there any site or online tutorial available on net for guidance.

Thanks

·
Registered
23,906 Posts
Hi ,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I just wanted to know have you taken any coaching before your appeared PTE exam or prepared on your own

I have already attempted IELTS but scored 6 band only, so no use of that. However, I am familiar with IELTS pattern but I want to appear for PTE this time.

Is there any site or online tutorial available on net for guidance.

Thanks
I gave my PTEA with just 2 days of studying on my own
I used the E2 paid subscription for preparation and I felt it was money well spent

There is a separate very active PTEA thread on the forum, which has a goldmine of information on the free material available on the net and the various tips to achieve a high score

It will be worthwhile going through the same

Cheers

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I gave my PTEA with just 2 days of studying on my own
I used the E2 paid subscription for preparation and I felt it was money well spent

There is a separate very active PTEA thread on the forum, which has a goldmine of information on the free material available on the net and the various tips to achieve a high score

It will be worthwhile going through the same

Cheers
OK, I will go through the forum for PTE.
Have you apply for the skills assessment for your spouse as well ?
If the primary applicant scored good points around 70. In that case also, is it still mandatory to apply skill for ACS skill assessment for spouse.

I guess it always make the case strong if both applicants have same profile , in our case both of us has Software engineer profile.

·
Registered
23,906 Posts
OK, I will go through the forum for PTE.
Have you apply for the skills assessment for your spouse as well ?
If the primary applicant scored good points around 70. In that case also, is it still mandatory to apply skill for ACS skill assessment for spouse.

I guess it always make the case strong if both applicants have same profile , in our case both of us has Software engineer profile.
As I already had 70 points, I was sure of an invite in the 1st month of me applying, there was no sense for me to spend time money and energy to claim partner points

in my opinion, if you are claiming partner Points, your case will take more time in processing as the CO has to also verify that your spouse meets all the requirements for the same.

The visa will always be granted on the strength of the main applicant documents and the dependant does not have any role to play in the decision where spouse points are not claimed

This is what I believe based on my personal assessment from what I have read

Cheers

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts