Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Today I received my ACS skill assessment result.It says that following experience will be considered from july 2007. But experience summary says experience from july 2005. Why they have excluded my two years though I did my.degree and total work exp in computer software.

And as currently I am working in Australia from last one year but when I filed acs I had completed only 9 months so they have assessed it for 9 months. Can I claim 5 points for australia as now I have completed 13 months here but dont have assessment for full period.

G

·
Yes. You can count any experience after the date the skills assessment was granted so long as you provide more evidence to DIBP in your application of employment between that date and application date.

The deduction of years is normal practice by ACS because a degree alone does not make you skilled according to them and DIBP. only working in your field makes you skilled hence the deduction.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. You can count any experience after the date the skills assessment was granted so long as you provide more evidence to DIBP in your application of employment between that date and application date.

The deduction of years is normal practice by ACS because a degree alone does not make you skilled according to them and DIBP. only working in your field makes you skilled hence the deduction.
Thanks!! That will help me...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts