Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI again. i'm just wondering how exactly you rake up the points for your visa ,I have been reading on the immi site but it doesnt exactly say ,I do know that my eng degree (when I get it approx 2 years to go) will account for 60 points but after that I dont know , also is it just a matter of me waiting around for another two years before even starting application procedures as I cant approach immi without degree certification.

·
Registered
619 Posts
HI again. i'm just wondering how exactly you rake up the points for your visa ,I have been reading on the immi site but it doesnt exactly say ,I do know that my eng degree (when I get it approx 2 years to go) will account for 60 points but after that I dont know , also is it just a matter of me waiting around for another two years before even starting application procedures as I cant approach immi without degree certification.
Have a look here:

Skilled – Independent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 175)

If you click on each of the Eligibility requirements it will give you the scoring system for that particular category.

Just be aware, if you need the full 25 points for English language ability, you will have to sit the IELTS english test, whether you were born in an English speaking country or not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have a look here:

Skilled – Independent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 175)

If you click on each of the Eligibility requirements it will give you the scoring system for that particular category.

Just be aware, if you need the full 25 points for English language ability, you will have to sit the IELTS english test, whether you were born in an English speaking country or not.
thanks I'll check that out now , Ill be fine when it comes to the language , was born Ireland .
thanks again

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
thanks I'll check that out now , Ill be fine when it comes to the language , was born Ireland .
thanks again
You only take the test if you are short of points since the extra points can make a difference whether you are from an English speaking country or not. That's what Mat was explaining.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks karen , it must seem like i'm a thicko , but as i'm only starting to research into emigration it seems so complicated at the minute , so much red tape and worries to see will we qualify for entry into the country

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
thanks karen , it must seem like i'm a thicko , but as i'm only starting to research into emigration it seems so complicated at the minute , so much red tape and worries to see will we qualify for entry into the country
I understand - been there, done that :D

Just take one step at a time and ask questions on here when you need to. Quite a lot of us on here have been through (or are going through) the process so we do understand what other members are going through.

But in my opinion it is worth it!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Also be aware that the immigration system can change at any time. So you might qualify today, but in 2 years when you get your qualification, things could be completely different, and you may not be able to get the same amount of points.

·
Registered
315 Posts
> starting to research into emigration it seems so complicated at the minute

It does look like that right before you step into the forest then it does get better - trails and such. It's really not as complicated as you might think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts