Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I had made a post on 20-11-2009, but the thread was deleted. :-(
It would have made it easier to set the context for this question.
My CO has asked for medicals and PCC to be done.
My wife is pregnant now and we are not going to do the medicals for her right now.
Our Migration agent has recommended that we do the medicals for myself and PCC for both of us, a letter from our gynecologist indicating the due date for my wife and then request for an extension from the CO.

I was searching for validity of the medicals and PCC and read in another thread that they are valid for an year. Additionally, the entry date will be calculated based on the day the medicals and PCC were done. Is this true? Because in my case, my medicals and PCC will be done now and case will be finalised 1 year later.

What happens in this case?

Kind Regards,
Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
Hi,

u can go ahead with medicals and pcc for both of you.
while doing medicals for your wife let them know that your wife is pregnant....then they wont do radiological test for your wife. here the panel doctors list Contact Us call them ask wat you can do when ur wife is pregnant then u can write to r CO officer regarding the extension
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response.
The extension in the case getting finalised is clear to me. (Assume 1 year from now)
But how about the initial entry date? Is it directly connected to the date of medicals and PCC? If it is then I get very few days for the initial entry date. Or would I have to do the medicals and PCC again after our baby is born...
This is not clear to me :-(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,429 Posts
maverick, what can be an option for you is informing the CO, seeking extension. not getting the meds or PCC right now, wait for the baby to be born, apply for baby's passport, add the baby in your application, inform the CO about the same, get the meds for wifey, baby and all three of you go together.

if you go for meds now, you will have to make an initial entry as per the meds/PCC date, i am sure your wife wont be able to travel and then once the baby is born you will have to apply for baby's visa which means additional fee.

Sorry for teh deleted post, i think i did undelete the post but it might have got un-noticed by people, so no answers.

let us know what you plan to do

cheers
anj
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Anj, I asked my agent the same question.

"
So now I am wondering why we should be doing the medicals and PCC for myself now?
From what I understand, I would then run the risk that the latest initial entry date could be 01-12-2010 when I am getting the case finalised around the same time (01-10-2010 optimistically) since I would be submitting the final forms for my wife and a new application for our baby earliest by July 2010.
Is it not an option to send a letter to the CO informing about the pregnancy now and then deferring submission of all documents including medicals and PCC for both my wife and me until after the baby is born?
I think I will require the full year for the initial entry date of the visa because I will have to settle things here in Germany, come to India and then move on to Australia. I do not think it is feasible to get the visa and then have the last initial entry date 2 days later.

To summarize, the queries again are

1. Is it not an option to send a letter to the CO informing about the pregnancy now and then deferring submission of all documents including medicals and PCC for both my wife and me until after the baby is born?
2. What are the procedures to be done and minimal stay needed when going to Australia to "activate" the visa? Is it an option to fly in, activate the visa and come back, say in 2-3 days time?

"

And their response

"
Initial entry date is generally after one year from the date of PCC or Medicals but lastly it depends on DIAC to determine the date.

If you wants to defer the case then kindly provide Medical certificate of your spouse and Form 1022 duly filled and signed.
"

So its pretty much along the lines of what you have mentioned.
I am leaning towards deferring it. Its the same thing what you mean by seeking an extension right?

Cheers,
Maverick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,429 Posts
Hi Maverick

Inform the CO, tell them about the wifey's pregnancy. a letter from the gynaec would do suggesting no Xray for the lady for now. Seek extension and they will revert back with their comments.

as for activating the visa, all you need is to enter autralia, u can take the next flight back and ur visa is validated.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top