Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can a person on NSW State Sponsor PR is allowed to work in other cities like Melbourne etc?

For instance, person worked in Sydney for 9 months but, say for last 3-4 months is without job and getting an offer for Melbourne. Can the person move and work there?

If yes, should the person inform any authority? Are there any long term impacts?

Please suggests!!

Thanks

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

IF you are unable to secure a job in your Nominated Occupation code THEN you have to inform this to your STATE/CO along-with proof of Job search and interview results IF any.

THEN based on their reply take next steps.

People have been able to move out of their Nominated State after doing this.

Hi,

Can a person on NSW State Sponsor PR is allowed to work in other cities like Melbourne etc?

For instance, person worked in Sydney for 9 months but, say for last 3-4 months is without job and getting an offer for Melbourne. Can the person move and work there?

If yes, should the person inform any authority? Are there any long term impacts?

Please suggests!!

Thanks

·
Registered
2,576 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank jeetendra for the information.

I will contact NSW state government representative for more insights.

IF you are unable to secure a job in your Nominated Occupation code THEN you have to inform this to your STATE/CO along-with proof of Job search and interview results IF any.

THEN based on their reply take next steps.

People have been able to move out of their Nominated State after doing this.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi errant,

Can you update us after you've contacted NSW?
I am interested to know on what they'll say as well.

Thanks.

Thank jeetendra for the information.

I will contact NSW state government representative for more insights.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hi Zector,

I asked three questions to them for which I got below response. Overall response is not satisfactory. Moreover they only replied to question 2.

I believe for other questions, either they don't know or beyond their jurisdiction.

Questions:
  1. Am I allowed to work in other states under the exceptional case of unable to find job and getting an offer from other states?
  2. Is there any defined legal process where I could inform or acquire relevant approval from the NSW state?
  3. Are there any consequences on my Visa status?

Response:

NSW does not issue a letter of release from the condition of NSW nomination which was to commit to live and work in NSW for the first two years of you visa after moving to NSW.
So in the reply they aren't stopping me neither saying clearly to move. Also, this mail also act as an indicator to them that i can move anytime.

However, I searched more over internet and found two links which proved to be helpful.
http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/25409-living-working-other-states-subclass-190-visa-2.html

http://australia-visa-solutions.com/2013/09/05/can-you-live-in-other-states-on-a-subclass-190-visa/

I also contacted registered migration consultant which responded as below:

S/C 190 has no visa conditions attached that you have to live and work in the sponsoring state.
You there is a reason to move to another state (such as employment), they are free to do so. There is no obligation to contact NSW in case you wish to move.
Final conclusion as per me is "to move if you want".

QUOTE=zector;7282713]Hi errant,

Can you update us after you've contacted NSW?
I am interested to know on what they'll say as well.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts