Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Experts

We are currently living on 457 visa in Melbourne and planning for India trip in August.
If I get invite in august can we do our PCC and Medicals in India? Please confirm, so that I will do some prebooking if required.

Thanks

Reactions: sampath.vnk243

·
Registered
23,955 Posts
Hi Experts

We are currently living on 457 visa in Melbourne and planning for India trip in August.
If I get invite in august can we do our PCC and Medicals in India? Please confirm, so that I will do some prebooking if required.

Thanks
No problem
You can get it done wherever you want
Generate a HAP ID for medicals
When taking PCC make sure that you mention that's required for AUSTRALIA migration

Cheers

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problem
You can get it done wherever you want
Generate a HAP ID for medicals
When taking PCC make sure that you mention that's required for AUSTRALIA migration

Cheers
Thanks newbienz and all the best for the next round

·
Registered
13 Posts
Make sure you have enough time.

PCC: If your passport was already police verified in the last 6 months, no need to redo PCC. They'll give it to you on the spot. Up to 1-1.2 years they may use their discretion to give you the PCC on the spot. If it goes to the police station, depending on the type of police station (rural/urban, the timelines may be different). They may call you in 1-2 days or 1-2 weeks. After going to the police station, they will process it differently - they may update the passport office in 1-2 days or 1 week. Then you'll have to go to the passport office to collect the PCC.

Medical: Much easier. Call in ahead and book an appointment. Some may give you an appointment in a few days or some may have available slots 2 weeks later.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks farjump.

Do we need to submit passport for PCC in India as well?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks farjump.

Do we need to submit passport for PCC in India as well?
No need to "submit" the passport and leave it with the authorities. Just show it at the passport office. And probably at the police station.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No need to "submit" the passport and leave it with the authorities. Just show it at the passport office. And probably at the police station.

Thanks for the Info

·
Registered
770 Posts
Make sure you have enough time.

PCC: If your passport was already police verified in the last 6 months, no need to redo PCC. They'll give it to you on the spot. Up to 1-1.2 years they may use their discretion to give you the PCC on the spot. If it goes to the police station, depending on the type of police station (rural/urban, the timelines may be different). They may call you in 1-2 days or 1-2 weeks. After going to the police station, they will process it differently - they may update the passport office in 1-2 days or 1 week. Then you'll have to go to the passport office to collect the PCC.

Medical: Much easier. Call in ahead and book an appointment. Some may give you an appointment in a few days or some may have available slots 2 weeks later.
Hi,
My PCC is ready to collect at PSK office. Is there is any time line to collect PCC or Am I free to collect it any day? Actually PSK is 220 km from my home. So, I am planning to club my PCC collection and medicals on same day.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,
My PCC is ready to collect at PSK office. Is there is any time line to collect PCC or Am I free to collect it any day? Actually PSK is 220 km from my home. So, I am planning to club my PCC collection and medicals on same day.
You would have already visited the PSK to initiate the process, then met the police. For collection, if you're sure it's ready, go to the respective PSK. Without appointment. Take your receipt + token which you got last time you visited PSK.

Tell them at the gate: "Let me in man, I just want my PCC". Show the token. Go to the first counter at the entrance to get a token number for that day. You'll be called directly to C counter. Slap both tokens on the table and stare the officer in the eye. If they ask you anything, don't flinch, just continue staring. They'll figure that you just want your PCC and will give it to you. Leave the counter without breaking eye contact.

·
Registered
770 Posts
You would have already visited the PSK to initiate the process, then met the police. For collection, if you're sure it's ready, go to the respective PSK. Without appointment. Take your receipt + token which you got last time you visited PSK.

Tell them at the gate: "Let me in man, I just want my PCC". Show the token. Go to the first counter at the entrance to get a token number for that day. You'll be called directly to C counter. Slap both tokens on the table and stare the officer in the eye. If they ask you anything, don't flinch, just continue staring. They'll figure that you just want your PCC and will give it to you. Leave the counter without breaking eye contact.

Thanks for the reply. I got a SMS from PSK that my PCC is ready to collect. I am planning to collect PCC after 20-30 days. Is that okay?? and U have nicely explained how to collect PCC from passport officer.:wof:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts