Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

I have received subclass 189 visa grant letters for both myself and my wife and it is mentioned that our first entry to Australia should be made before Feb 2016.

But, now my wife is pregnant and is expected to deliver in late November 2015. However, for medical reasons she cannot travel before the date mentioned in our Grant letter. So, can I travel alone and is it possible for me to get an exception for my wife?

If anybody were in similar situation before, appreciate if they could let me know how to proceed.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

·
Registered
460 Posts
Your wife in only just pregnant now. Unless she is going to be hospitalised for the entire pregnancy and will still be in hospital in February you have no grounds for an extension.

It will be difficult yes but its your choice whether to activate both visas now (or yours now and hers after the child is born while you look after the child) or only yours and then pay the extra $'j and wait the year apart to sponsor her (assuming the rules do not change).

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Looks like she is in her 12 weeks now, she can travel without any issue unless she has a very complicated case and her GP doesn't allow her to travel at all. But then she will get plenty time to validate her visa after baby's birth so I don't see any real reason of her exemption.

Girl Aussie

Dear all,

I have received subclass 189 visa grant letters for both myself and my wife and it is mentioned that our first entry to Australia should be made before Feb 2016.

But, now my wife is pregnant and is expected to deliver in late November 2015. However, for medical reasons she cannot travel before the date mentioned in our Grant letter. So, can I travel alone and is it possible for me to get an exception for my wife?

If anybody were in similar situation before, appreciate if they could let me know how to proceed.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts