Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Hope you are having a nice time.

(If this question is already asked by some other member, please advise. As I wanted to ensure that latest information is available before proceeding)

While filling up the EOI, I noticed that we have two checkboxes under Points Tested Skilled Migration
1. 189
2. 190
Should we select both or choose only 189?
I do not have a nomination from any state or territory at this stage.

Please advise.

Reactions: SG

·
Registered
238 Posts
It's your choice, if I were you I would select both.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello Everyone,

(If this question is already asked by some other member, please advise. As I wanted to ensure that latest information is available before proceeding)

While filling up the EOI, I noticed that we have two checkboxes under Points Tested Skilled Migration
1. 189
2. 190

Please advise.
I believe if you select both, then if you get the invite for one category (say 190), the EOI application freezes and 189 is not considered. If you do not accept the 190 invitation for 6 months, then the application unfreezes and the 189 can come into play. Long story short, creating 2 separate applications (logins) for skill select is the best way to approach it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: SG

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hello Everyone,

1. 189
2. 190

Please advise.

189 - Gives you freedom to work anywhere in Australia
190 - You need to spend certain duration with the state (~2 years)

If you are OK to go with any (whichever comes first) then select both. If you select both via same immiaccount then which ever comes first you need to accept it. Say if you get 190 invite first then you won't be able to use 189 in that immiaccount because your profile will be frozen for 60 days.

If you are more interested in 189 , then better you apply for these 2 via different immiaccount. If you get 190 first and still you want to wait for 189, then do not apply.

Your call

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great stuff guys. Thank you.

However I have heard NSW and Vic are the most happening states for the 190 and also these states tend to get the quotas filled in fast.
What other places can we consider for an IT professional. I will be applying under ICT System Analyst profile as per ACS and EOI.

Your suggestion will be greatly helpful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts