Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This is Rakesh

I am trying to understand if we need to mention anything during ACS assessment for claiming Australian work experience in EOI.
Please share your valuable inputs as I need asap:

Would like to know how ACS will consider my Work experience for 189 Subclass visa.

I have around 5+ years of experience in IT as a consultant.

I got a positive outcome from ACS as 263111 (Computer Network and
Systems Engineer) & also from Engineers Australia as 233311( Electrical Engineer)

IELTS: 7.5,6.5,7.0,7.5 :0 points

Aus Education: Masters : 15 points
2 years education : :05 points
Australian Work Experience: ????????????????????

3 years Experience: ACS assessed my details and assessed that the employment after July 2014 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

I got my previous experience as IT Systems Support Officer from May 2010 to June 2012. Which I haven't got this assessed by ACS and now I'm planning to re-apply for ACS assessment.

Would like to know before I can go ahead and apply for ACS, if this helps me to claim 10 points for experience. Though I have nearly 5 years of Australian experience.

Will I get the same occupation as positive outcome after considering my previous job experience or will I get two different occupations for two different job roles???

Any suggestions or advices are much appreciated..

Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
assuming you are on 457 visa, may i ask whats your code in 457?

I am astonished to see that you have got the +ve assessment both from ACS for 263111 and mechanical engineer from other assessing body?

Have you submitted the same exp reference letter to these assessment authorities?

As long as you have +ve outcome from ACS and if they assessed your 457 experience as relevant to your nominated occupation for 189, i don't see any reason why you cant claim your points.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, I'm on subclass 572 student visa.
I have my Bachelors as Electrical and Electronics Engineering (India) & Masters in Computer Science (Australia).
I got +ve assessments from both the assessing bodies (ACS & Engineering Australia).

I have submitted the current job experience letter (July 2012 - current) to ACS and they assessed that the employment after July 2014 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

So planning to apply for another ACS assessment including my previous experience with the different employer (2010-2012).

Hope its a bit clear now...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Cool.....

Was your current ACS assessment was it based on bachelors( India) or Masters) Computer?
If it's based on Master ( Australia) and if it was completed before 2010 i,e before to your previous employment ( India) it is not a problem at all and i think you will receive a +ve reassesment including your previous employment.

but if the masters was completed after your previous employment, i am not sure in this case..how ACS woud evaluate.

Let other senior members comment here...

Nope, I'm on subclass 572 student visa.
I have my Bachelors as Electrical and Electronics Engineering (India) & Masters in Computer Science (Australia).
I got +ve assessments from both the assessing bodies (ACS & Engineering Australia).

I have submitted the current job experience letter (July 2012 - current) to ACS and they assessed that the employment after July 2014 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

So planning to apply for another ACS assessment including my previous experience with the different employer (2010-2012).

Hope its a bit clear now...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your advise, much appreciated..

Yes, all my work experience was after completing my Bachelors (2003-2007) and
Masters (2008 -2010). All together I had a work experience of 5 years (2010-2012) as IT Systems Support Officer and (2012- current date) as Wireless & Data Support (Telstra).
I do have all the documents (Pay slips, Financial Group Certificates, experience letters and etc).

I'm a bit confused now, according to ACS rule, 2 years of my work experience will be deducted and will I be eligible to claim 3 or 5 years of work experience.
Just wondering if I'm eligible to claim 10 or 15 points for 189 visa.

Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes ACS deducts 2 years to give you a skilled title but even after deduction you still will have 3 years of aus skilled exp which will earn you 10 points....and given the code you nominated you are chances are higher for the invitation....good luck...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your reply..!!!

I had another query in regards to recent payslips..

I haven't applied my 189 visa yet, would like to know if case officer asks for my all 3 years work payslips or recent 3-4 payslips. The thing is I haven't got any of my old payslips. But fortunately, I have all my 3 years Tax certificates.
I have all other documents (reference letter, Tax certificates, Office ID card and business card etc)

Moreover, I'm currently on subclass 572 student visa and would like to know if case officer is going to verify my current visa status with the employer.

Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
I would say its sole at CO discretion to ask for any documents he/she wish to verify it but there are other ways you can demonstrate that you were employed during that period ( in form of Tax returns, PAY G. bank statements)

yes, they MAY verify your current visa entitlements

Thanks for your reply..!!!

I had another query in regards to recent payslips..

I haven't applied my 189 visa yet, would like to know if case officer asks for my all 3 years work payslips or recent 3-4 payslips. The thing is I haven't got any of my old payslips. But fortunately, I have all my 3 years Tax certificates.
I have all other documents (reference letter, Tax certificates, Office ID card and business card etc)

Moreover, I'm currently on subclass 572 student visa and would like to know if case officer is going to verify my current visa status with the employer.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Autsalian work experience 5 points claim applicable?

Any suggestions on my situation below?-
ACS deducted 6 yrs out of my 8 yrs work exp. and they have listed all of my work experience including my Australian work experience of > 1 yr in 2012-13, however, ACS states that employment after September 2015 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level.
So, I know that I cant claim overall work exp points for sure. But what about that 1 yr of Aus. work exp in 2012-13 for 5 points? Can I claim 5 points for it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts