Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear members,

In my ACS report, they reduced 3 years of my experience. I verified with my case officer, and she mailed me saying, my PG (MCA) is closely related to ICT so they will reduce two years. There is a gap in what is in the report and what she said. Any idea why this could be . If I had given that extra year, I could have got 8 years instead of 7 which will obviously add some points.

:(

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Which case officer are you referring to? They assess based on your education have a certain %age of ICT content and it being closely related to your nominated occupation (and not closely related to ICT).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which case officer are you referring to? They assess based on your education have a certain %age of ICT content and it being closely related to your nominated occupation (and not closely related to ICT).[/QUOTE

Case officer from ACS.
Yes, my course contents are closely related to my occupation.(Dev programmer) and my experience too.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Did they deduct 3 years from last 10 years of experience?

Edit: Maybe just elaborate a bit more about your when your actual work experience started and what skill-met-date was awarded to you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
exp: they evaluated and found suitable (2004 feb to 2014 june).
She said since I applied in may for ACS, they calculate based on that month. But they deduct 3 years putting the date of skilled employment from may 2007. She said in mail reply they will deduct 2 years.
I am not sure which right, whether what she said or the date they put.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
They do put all the experience in the letter, but from what I know, it is only the past 10 years that they consider for measuring your skilled employment- i.e. May-2005 onwards. So, May-2005 + 2 years deduction gives you May-2007 and later as your skilled employment.

From page#4 of Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf:

If your degree is assessed as having an ICT major which is closely related to your nominated
occupation, you will require 2 years relevant work experience completed within the past 10
years
or 4 years relevant work experience completed anytime in your past work history
(whichever provides the earliest skill date) to meet the suitability criteria.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts