Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have been offered a job in Paris and have almost made up my mind to move.

The workplace is situated on Rue de la Ville lÉveque. I am looking for a 2 bedroom apartment.

Please could someone guide me on the nearby areas where to look for accommodation and what will be the likely rentals ?

If not in Paris central, which other suburbs can I look at and what would be the rentals if I opt for the suburbs.

I have a 4.5 year old daughter who needs to be put in Maternelle.

Thanks a lot for your help..

Cheers!

Matt

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
If in the suburbs then it has to be Becon de Bruyeres which is a very family orientated area with good schools and a fantastic park. 10 mins to Gare Saint Lazare by train then a 10 minute walk to Rue de la Ville lÉveque

That is where I have been living for the last two years but will be moving in two weeks. Can't recommend it enough. Expect to pay 1500-2000 for a 2 bed flat.

Personally I would not go central Paris.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'll say living in central Paris is pretty exciting, but we're a retired couple and the city is very new to us only two months in. We're in the 4eme and it's very lively. My only complaint is the noise, particularly the motor bikes. Usually shutting the double-glazed windows makes it dead quiet but with the heat (no AC) we have them open and it's noisy! I know there are leafy, quiet streets in Paris and we're on the hunt to find one for Sep.

Maybe your family might be better suited in the suburbs. But I will say I see lots of families in my neighborhood, and there's a maternelle just around the corner from us. It's great to hear the kids playing at recess.

Best wishes in finding a nice place for your family.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot...

What would be the rentals like in the suburbs ?? Is it possible to find a good 2 room apartment at around 1500 in the suburbs ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all...

There has been a new development in my job offer. The firm has now given me the option of working from home. This takes away the necessity of proximity to workplace from my apartment search.

We would prefer a peaceful residential suburban locality to live. Most important would be availability of an international school for our kids and hospitals. Accessibility to Paris proper would be another point to consider.

Could you please guide us on some of the localities to look for an accommodation considering the above ?

Thanks a lot..

Cheers !

Matt

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Hi all...

There has been a new development in my job offer. The firm has now given me the option of working from home. This takes away the necessity of proximity to workplace from my apartment search.

We would prefer a peaceful residential suburban locality to live. Most important would be availability of an international school for our kids and hospitals. Accessibility to Paris proper would be another point to consider.

Could you please guide us on some of the localities to look for an accommodation considering the above ?

Thanks a lot..

Cheers !

Matt
Working from home means that you will need suitable space for a study/office - just something to bear in mind. Sorry, can't help with the localities question.

·
Administrator
50,818 Posts
The western suburbs of Paris tends to be where many of the expats on job assignments tend to live. I believe there are one or two international schools in that area, as well as the American Hospital in Paris (which is actually in Neuilly). The disadvantage is that the area can be rather pricey.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 8 of 8 Posts