Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am new to this forum.

I am planning to apply PR under 189 visa. I have totally 8 years of IT experience (4 yrs of experience in Australia and 4 years in India). I have applied ACS and they considered only my onsite IT experience (I'm a Electronics engineering graduate). They have not considered my offshore IT experience even though i have valid experience letter. My question is Will I get points for my offshore IT experience when applying EOI ?

Please assist as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Sree

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi,

I am new to this forum.

I am planning to apply PR under 189 visa. I have totally 8 years of IT experience (4 yrs of experience in Australia and 4 years in India). I have applied ACS and they considered only my onsite IT experience (I'm a Electronics engineering graduate). They have not considered my offshore IT experience even though i have valid experience letter. My question is Will I get points for my offshore IT experience when applying EOI ?

Thanks,
Sree
Hi,
You will only get points for the experience ACS considered.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hi Infosree,
This is Quite normal. As you are an Electronics engineer ACS will normally deduct 4 Years from your total experience to establish skills met date.
For a computer engineer usually they will deduct 2 Years and for a Mechanical engineer who goes via RPL route they would deduct 6 Years.

you need to be careful while submitting your EOI. Say for ex. they mention in your letter your experience after Nov 2010 is relevant. So while submitting the EOI you need to mention your experience until Nov 2010 as non relevant and experience starting Dec 2010 as relevant.
Over claiming of points can lead to VISA rejection.

Hi,

I am new to this forum.

Thanks,
Sree

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Cooluno and Sukesh123. When checking the 189 visa and 190 visa ( state sponsership) , seems both are quite similar except the state sponsership. Kindly help me in choosing the visa type. Which is better to apply?

Thanks,
Sree

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hi,
Its entirely upto you. Whichever you chose. it has the same priviliges except that under 190 you need to stay and work for 2 Years in that particular state while there is no restriction under 189.
That is why most of the people opt for 189 as they can work and live anywhere in Australia as per job requirement.
Also these days 189 visa timelines are almost similar to 190 and you get a grant pretty quickly.

So its you who needs to decide based on the above.

Thanks Cooluno and Sukesh123. When checking the 189 visa and 190 visa ( state sponsership) , seems both are quite similar except the state sponsership. Kindly help me in choosing the visa type. Which is better to apply?

Thanks,
Sree

·
Registered
124 Posts

Thanks,
Sree
Hi,
189 is surely better, as it has no restrictions on which state you should spend the 1st couple of years of your stay in Australia.

190 normally is comparatively an easier option, as it needs 5 less points than 189, as the state sponsorship adds 5 points to your candidature. but that comes with the flip side of having a moral bond of the first 2 years of your stay in Au that you should be spending in that state.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts