Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have applied for ACS through a registered MARA agent. Now he has done a mistake in my name i.e it should be MISS Dimple Bharat Soni and he has entered MRS Dimple Soni. Bharat is my father's name.

Now my question is will there be any problem when I will apply for EOI with that result letter? Because at that time I'm going to add my husband's name.I'm too tensed for this

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi dimpy01,

no, it should be unproblematic. Many (usually female) applicants have their old name (e.g. Bharat) on the degree certificates and the new family name on the marriage certificate and in the passport. In Form 80 there is a section where you can list all your names and there is a Section J for comments - it would probably be best to add the information that the name was provided incorrectly in the ACS reference letter.

If it really bothers you, you could also ask ACS to update your result letter with your new name. Not sure if you'd have to pay for that since the error was on your side. They are usually pretty fast about correcting errors on their side (e.g. miscalculations of work experience).

Cheerio,
Monika

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi dimpy01,

no, it should be unproblematic. Many (usually female) applicants have their old name (e.g. Bharat) on the degree certificates and the new family name on the marriage certificate and in the passport. In Form 80 there is a section where you can list all your names and there is a Section J for comments - it would probably be best to add the information that the name was provided incorrectly in the ACS reference letter.

If it really bothers you, you could also ask ACS to update your result letter with your new name. Not sure if you'd have to pay for that since the error was on your side. They are usually pretty fast about correcting errors on their side (e.g. miscalculations of work experience).

Cheerio,
Monika
Thanks Monika,I'm relaxed now.That's fine if I can mention it in form 80

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.