Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends,
I got the PR grant letter in Jan'13 and been to Australia once in Sep'13 (as part of initial entry) and I am back to my home country.

My PR is valid till Jan'18. If I don't live in Australia for more than 2 years during this period, is there a possibility of getting the PR extended?

Will the PR get expired if I don't live for more than 2 years (from Jan'13 to Jan'18)?

Thanks in Advance.
Vinb

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi Vinb,

the PR itself does not expire but the travel portion of your visa expires after 5 years. If you move to Australia on the last the of the travel validity, you can stay there indefinitely. However, traveling abroad and re-entering Australia is not possible, except if you get citizenship or a Resident Return Visa (RRV). You can only get a RRV if you spend considerable time in Australia or if there were compelling reasons for your absence. If you don't qualify for a RRV, you can of course try and re-apply for PR, but it gets harder and harder the older you get. At some point you'll have to decide if you want to move to Australia permanently or not ;).

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Hi espresso,
Congratulation to you being a Moderator. You deserve this. Hope now you would open your VM and PM, atleast VM .

Regards,
Mithu

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi mithu93ku,

yeah, I turned private messages back on immediately, although I still think that 99% of the PMs I receive would be better suited for the open forum (more exposure etc.) VMs are on as well although I found that they were often confused with PMs and contained private information. But hey, small quibbles... back on topic now ;).

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much Monika for the quick reply.

Generally what would qualify as considerable amount of time to get the RRV? 1-2 years?

Thanks,
Vinb

·
Registered
89 Posts
hi all,
i have a quick question regarding Pr application. I had hired an agent for my spouse visa australia, and i wanted to ask at the the time of PR application who will the embassy will contact for further procedures..Me directly or the Agent????
my agent is in India and i live in australia now after my visa grant. do i need to exempt my agent now or what??
Please help!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts