Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I want to apply for PR to Australia.. Have following queries. My age is 41 yrs and working in IT field.
1. By looking at the Immigration site it seems that in order to achieve 60 points I need to score 10 or more points in English test (Proficient or Superior), want to

know which test is easier to score high marks and if there's any coaching in Pune?
2. Also to qualify 5 marks for community language has someone taken assessment from NAATI, heard that it happen only twice a year that too in Delhi.
3. Myself and wife don't have birth certificate, will passport be sufficient to provide age proof?
4. Should I try for state nomination as in my case it’s looking difficult to get 60 points?
5. I've more than 15 yrs. of IT experience and working as manager but in SOL I don't see any option for this role, the similar role is Software engineer. I want to

know should I ask experience letter as Software engineer from current organization and also how to present my profile and experience to ACS to achieve 15 points?
6. In my scenario do you recommend going with some agent, if yes who is the best in Pune?
Appreciate quick help..
Also let me know if anyone else trying from Pune so that we can be in touch and share our experience.
Thanks
Vishal

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
1. There is no such requirement to score 10 or more points in English. One is eligible with a score of 6 & 6.5 in all modules. However, that does not earn you any points. 7 and 7.5 gives you 10 additional points. 8+ gives you 20 points.

2. No idea.

3. Passport is sufficient.

4. Yes, state nomination is an option if you end up with 55 points on your own.

5. Not sure why your employer would issue you a letter according to your wish. ACS will assess using this letter (and your pre-work educational qualifications) to award you a skilled title and a skill-met-date. Your employment points depend on this date. You need to end up being awarded with 8 years (in the last 10 years) of skilled work experience to gain 15 points. 5-8 years = 10 points and anything less than that but > 3 years = 5 points. All this depends on a lot of factors explained in the Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf from ACS website. Do study this document. First link in #6 below has a few sample attachments that the applicant used to present his case. ACS website also has a employer reference sample.

Point to note: At later stages, the department may conduct verification. Also, you would have to upload your payslips, and other documents. All this potentially could reveal that you are not a software engineer, but a manager. Moreover, even with a manager job title, but proven to be performing duties of a software engineer works just fine. ACS will assess you based on the duties you perform (and not based on your job title).

6. No. This forum has enough information to do it all by yourself. These 2 threads should get you started: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/platypus-den/469793-my-journey-australia-google-page-ranking.html and http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...ian-skilled-independent-189-visa-my-view.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your quick reply..I'm going thru the two links provided by you. will ask if I've further query,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts