Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am seeking for Australia-PR and already cleared PTE-A and also done with ACS.
My total points would be near to 65. I am taking services from MARA registered agent.

My problem is that my agent already delayed the process and most probably files EOI in the coming week. Initially we agreed on SBC 189 but now he is saying that he will apply for both 189 and 190 as quota is very less. For now I have agreed with him. But I have few doubts and really appreciate any expert advice and help on the below points:

1.) Is really a quota full for 189 at this point and what are the chances to get invitation letter for SBC 189?
2.) I am from India and finding the checklist of documents after getting invitation letter so that I'll be ready well in advance as I don't want to give one more point to my agent. So if anyone can provide me the checklist then it would be a big help.
3.) What will be the process once I have invitation letter and how much time it'll take to get invitation letter?
4.) I have small family so is the chance that my wife can also work under SBC 190?

Thanks and Best Regards,
AUS-PR

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi AUS-PR,

first of all, make your agent work for his money and explain the process (and his strategy) clearly. If you are not happy with the service, pay the rest of the money you owe him and cut ties. There are enough other agents out there...

Regarding your questions:
1.) You can find out about the occupation ceilings and how many spots have been filled for the 189 subclass on the SkillSelect page (Occupation ceilings tab). It is true that ICT Business and System Analysts and Software and Applications Programmers have reached their ceilings for this year and no more invitations will be sent out... until 1 July, 2015, when the new migration year starts. If you really prefer a 189 visa, tell your agent to lodge a 189 EOI only and just wait. Note that other people who could not apply will also wait and be ahead of you in the queue. But if a few months of delay don't fuss you, that might be an option.

2.) The DIBP website (and in particular the 189 visa subpage) is your friend. There is a checklist under the Visa applicants tab -> Document checklist section.

3.) You pay the visa fee online and then you can start uploading your supporting documents. It takes 2-3 months to get a case officer after the visa has been lodged. How long will it take to get the invite? It depends. 189 visa applicants are ranked by 1.) points and 2.) application date. Depending on the number of qualified applicants ahead of you in the queue it could take from a couple of days to many months. With 65 points you should get an invite fairly quickly, though.

4.) Your partner has full access to the work market on either the 189 and 190 visa. There is no need to worry about that :). There are a few jobs (especially in ACT) for which you need to be a citizen and some jobs (teacher, legal jobs etc.) require certification/registration but apart from that she can work whatever she wants - provided that she can find somebody willing to hire her.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

I have filed my VISA on AUG 1st but still waiting for CO allocation, my agent told me that it'll take max 2 months for CO allocation. Appreciate if someone can advice if this is the case also has anyone got CO allocated.
Thanks in advance :)

Best Regards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts