Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This query is regarding Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 475)
I have an eligible relative who intends to sponsor me under the above mentioned Visa program as I fall 5 short of the desired 65 points to apply for 175 or 176 Visa programs under the Skilled Migrants category. My relative is residing in the metro area of Melbourne.

The 475 subclass mandates an applicant to live for an year and work for 2 years in Region Australia. The Regional Australia as per the DIAC site depends on who is sponsoring the applicant.

As per the DIAC site, if the applicant is sponsored by the state govt. or territory, the Regional area is defined with certain postal codes which are in rural regions of Victoria.
As defined as Regional Australia/low population growth metropolitan areas in the DIAC website

While if the sponsor is an eligible relative the Regional area is defined as a Designated area and an applicant is allowed to live or work anywhere in Victoria.
As defined as Designated Areas of Australia in the DIAC website.

Could someone confirm if this understanding of mine is appropriate ?

Also what are the average processing times for the 175, 176 and 475 subclass programs these days? Could someone throw some light?

·
Registered
278 Posts
475 is fastest, and it is work 1 year and live 2 years. 475 is Provisional PR and u ultimately become eligible for PR after that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
475 is fastest, and it is work 1 year and live 2 years. 475 is Provisional PR and u ultimately become eligible for PR after that.
Thanks for the reply. Could you please suggest an average lead time for this?
I am expecting my ACS results sometime soon. Perhaps in a week or so. So if I were to apply for 475 immediately i.e. within April, What time line can I look forward to be granted with a 475 visa in months?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Ist u will go for SS which can take a week to two months time, then depending upon risk could further take 6-8 months for visa in normal course.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.