Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys... I have got some confusion in uploading the document for 190 Visa Application. Would be great if someone can help:

1) I read at many places that you can upload the colored scanned copy of the documents OR certified black and white copies. I have got all my documents certified as a true copy now. Little confused if I should upload certified copies or the original colored scans.

2) My old passport which is expired has B1 for USA stamped with the entry and exit details. Just wondering if I should upload only current passport or should upload the old / expired passport as well since there are entries in that passport.

3) Should a two month travel to US be added in the sections "previous country of residence"? My understanding is that you need to give details if you lived in a country for more than 6 months; however I do not see it mentioned anywhere.

Please advise guys...

·
Registered
973 Posts
hi Saggi,
Please find my replies inline...hope it helps. this is what I did.

Hi Guys... I have got some confusion in uploading the document for 190 Visa Application. Would be great if someone can help:

1) I read at many places that you can upload the colored scanned copy of the documents OR certified black and white copies. I have got all my documents certified as a true copy now. Little confused if I should upload certified copies or the original colored scans.
You can upload anything Color scanned copies or certified true copies, both are eligible. But its always better to scan original in color and upload.

2) My old passport which is expired has B1 for USA stamped with the entry and exit details. Just wondering if I should upload only current passport or should upload the old / expired passport as well since there are entries in that passport.

Upload both passports. You can mark the new passport as current and upload old one as expired.

3) Should a two month travel to US be added in the sections "previous country of residence"? My understanding is that you need to give details if you lived in a country for more than 6 months; however I do not see it mentioned anywhere.

Previous country of residence means where you stayed more than 12 months as a resident. Any travel for leisure or business does not make you a resident of that country.
So you don't need to mention a 2 months stay in US here. though later if you decide to submit form 80 also or the CO asks for it you will need to list there each country you have travelled may be even for a single day

Please advise guys...

Reactions: mv2016 and saggi_au

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi Saggi,
Please find my replies inline...hope it helps. this is what I did.
Great. Thanks for the responses Suku. Highly Appreciated. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts