Thanks to the members of this amazing platform since it has been very useful so far.
My points calculation is as below
Age - 25 points
Experience - 15 points (Expected). Have total of 15 years of experience so expecting that they will consider 9 years. I had applied through RPL route.
English - 10 points
Education - 15 points
Spouse - 5 points. ACS submitted as ICT business analyst on 26th Aug. Submitted through RPL. Expecting that 5.5 years of experience will be considered after 6 years of deduction.
Few more questions I have
1) I got my PTE A result (2nd attempt) today and it is as on the signature. I dont want to give PTE A again if I dont need to. This means that i can claim only 10 points for PTE. Assuming the above mentioned experience points for me and for my spouse will be considered, I will have 70 points (189) in 261313 code (Software Engineer). What is the current waiting time for 261313 category with 70 points ? Can we expect the invitation in the next round after EOI submission? I am expecting that we will get the ACS assessment by first week of Oct.
2) Considering I have non ICT degree (as I have gone through RPL route), do we need separate assessment for the education points (since I am expecting that ACS will not provide any assessment for education)? I am aware that this question has been discussed on this forum many times but i am not getting a conclusive answer. My agent told me that there is a list of all major universities and their courses with DIBP and many agents in India also have the access to that list (It is not in general public domain). If the course and university is on that list, we dont have to go for VETASSESS assessment to claim the education points separately? The agent has verified and confirmed me that my university and course is on the list and therefore no need to spend money / time on VETASSESS. Can some seniors throw light on this?
3) Can both I and spouse file EOI together showing each other as dependent? How is the waiting time for ICT business analysts (261111)? With above and assuming (praying) that we will get the ACS result as expected, we can go with 75 in that case in ICT BA queue.
Many thanks and take care,
1. 70 points on 2613 should get you an invite the very next round after EOI submission. Provided you get the ACS assessment as expected.
2. Not aware of such a secretive list. And certainly, migration agents are not a bunch of special people with whom the DIBP will share such information with, even if it exists. My interpretation of the information on DIBP website is that you must have your qualification assessed in order to claim points. However, check this information with DIBP before taking a decision.
3. Both you and your spouse can submit individual EOIs. Current cut-off for 2611 is 70 points with DOE of 7th June. An EOI with 75 points should get you an invite in the next round. However, please ensure you don't end up with invites on both the EOIs. You will only apply for one VISA, while the other will be wasted which otherwise could have gone to another deserving applicant.