Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have submitted my EOI for 263111. I had a few queries despite reading quite a bit:

1. What is a pro-rata occupation? Please tell me an example.

2. As per you, what is the chance of getting an invite to apply for 263111 with 60 points on 190 visa?

3. What is the best and correct way to estimate this? I cannot seem to understand this from the aspect of the occupation ceilings. Some more advise would be useful.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
1. An occupation which is experiencing more than the required demand and hence the number of invitations to be sent out for this occupation in each round has to be limited. Such an occupation therefore mostly requires 65+ points because the demand is so much that there are enough number of 65+ pointers to take away the available quota. They therefore size the number of invites per round for such an occupation so as to try and make it last till the end of the year. See "Invitation process and cut offs" here: 04 October 2017 Round Results

2. I assume by 60 you mean 55+5: unfortunately, chances are very very slim, if not impossible for someone with 55+5 because due to it being pro rated, cutting off at high points, many with 65+5 and many more with 60+5 must've opted for state sponsorship. They (with higher points) will get preference over you with 55+5. There can be exceptions which can only be best understood after studying the state specific rules and priorities for invitation (for instance, some states may prioritise applicants who are already onshore in the state, or have a job offer, higher English scores, etc).

3. With 55+5 and therefore applying for state sponsorship (190), the invitation ceilings are not to be looked at. Estimating state nomination is not really possible because state invitations do not happen at fixed intervals (so to say- in comparison with EOI rounds for 189 and 489) and more so due to the nature of state specific rules/ priorities (#2 above), the unknown number of applicants who have already applied and waiting with more points and/ or better prospects, demand for your occupation/ skills in the state and shortage after considering existing migrants from other visa streams.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1. An occupation which is experiencing more than the required demand and hence the number of invitations to be sent out for this occupation in each round has to be limited. Such an occupation therefore mostly requires 65+ points because the demand is so much that there are enough number of 65+ pointers to take away the available quota. They therefore size the number of invites per round for such an occupation so as to try and make it last till the end of the year. See "Invitation process and cut offs" here: 04 October 2017 Round Results

2. I assume by 60 you mean 55+5: unfortunately, chances are very very slim, if not impossible for someone with 55+5 because due to it being pro rated, cutting off at high points, many with 65+5 and many more with 60+5 must've opted for state sponsorship. They (with higher points) will get preference over you with 55+5. There can be exceptions which can only be best understood after studying the state specific rules and priorities for invitation (for instance, some states may prioritise applicants who are already onshore in the state, or have a job offer, higher English scores, etc).

3. With 55+5 and therefore applying for state sponsorship (190), the invitation ceilings are not to be looked at. Estimating state nomination is not really possible because state invitations do not happen at fixed intervals (so to say- in comparison with EOI rounds for 189 and 489) and more so due to the nature of state specific rules/ priorities (#2 above), the unknown number of applicants who have already applied and waiting with more points and/ or better prospects, demand for your occupation/ skills in the state and shortage after considering existing migrants from other visa streams.

Hi,

Thanks for your very detailed reply.

Additionally, just as a clarification I wanted to know how does the EOI get processed

Assuming there are 2 people A and B.

A - 60 points submitted on 1st Jan.
B - 70 points submitted on 1st Feb.

Who’s EOI would get processed first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for your very detailed reply.

Additionally, just as a clarification I wanted to know how does the EOI get processed

Assuming there are 2 people A and B.

A - 60 points submitted on 1st Jan.
B - 70 points submitted on 1st Feb.

Who’s EOI would get processed first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
person B first.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for this thread.

Can you please clarify on the below scenario as well.

Person A with 80 points - Submitted on 1st Jan
Person B with 80 points - Submitted on 1st Mar

Both of them have same qualifications in terms of skill.

Who will be considered first?

Thanks,
Prakash

·
Registered
23,910 Posts
Thanks for this thread.

Can you please clarify on the below scenario as well.

Person A with 80 points - Submitted on 1st Jan
Person B with 80 points - Submitted on 1st Mar

Both of them have same qualifications in terms of skill.

Who will be considered first?

Thanks,
Prakash
In 189 only the points matter
The skills don’t matter
Person A will be invited first

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts