Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Queries on "Evidence for maintenance funds requirement" for Tier 2 (general) visa

Hi folks,

I had some queries on evidence of maintenance funds requirement for Tier 2 (general) visa:

1. My account is a joint account. Apart from the 90 day bank statement with the original stamp from the bank is any other declaration required from the other account holder?

2. Are fixed deposits acceptable as evidence of maintenance funds?

3. The minimum fund requirement for main applicant is 945 GBP. Does the account need to show this amount for all the 90 days during the 90 day period?

4. Is there any specific format for the bank statement as prescribed by the UKBA?

Responses highly appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
#1 No.
#2 Yes, provided there is instant access with or without penalty.
#3 Yes.
#4 Original, as sent by your bank by post.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate.

Was a bit worried because if fixed deposits are not considered, my account balance would not meet the minimum amount criteria for each of the 90 days during the 90 day period. Do I have to break the F.D and move it to available funds before application?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, but does it impact the 90 day period? I mean lets say, I want the 90 day period to start from 1st July, but since the funds are in fixed deposit, I break it and move it to available balance on 15th July, what would be my starting point for the 90 day period?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
The account doesn't have to be instant access, so one with notice period is acceptable (just checked with guidance).The 90-day period ends on the date of application or up to 31 days before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.