Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys!

I am in the process of applying my EOI and have a few questions.

PTE scores are L-83, R-79, S-76, W-75 with an average of 77.
I have recvd a positive response from VETESSES for my application to them.
My total points structure :
Age - 30
English Exam - 10
Education - 15
Work Experience (total of 4 years till date) - 5

1. At the time of submitting my application to VETESSES, my work exp was 3.7 years. They assessed 1 year under the skills category and 2.7 as work experience. However, now I complete 2.7+5 months with the same organisation and same role. Will I qualify for 5 points with an experience of 3 years or do I need to give a re assessment to VETESSES?

2. While I leave the 'till date' blank under work experience (since I am still employed in the same job) will the EOI consider 5 points ? Is it fine to do so or do we need to specify the information as assessed by VETESSES?

3. Considering the above points, EOI before submission states a claim of 65 points, while I am claiming 60 to the best of my knowledge. Does it include 5 points of SS?

What are the chances currently for an SS to be recvd from SA where my job is listed under CSOL under special category, 222311 Financial Investment Adviser

Thank you in advance!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello Guys!

I am in the process of applying my EOI and have a few questions.

PTE scores are L-83, R-79, S-76, W-75 with an average of 77.
I have recvd a positive response from VETESSES for my application to them.
My total points structure :
Age - 30
English Exam - 10
Education - 15

1. At the time of submitting my application to VETESSES, my work exp was 3.7 years. They assessed 1 year under the skills category and 2.7 as work experience. However, now I complete 2.7+5 months with the same organisation and same role. Will I qualify for 5 points with an experience of 3 years or do I need to give a re assessment to VETESSES?

2. While I leave the 'till date' blank under work experience (since I am still employed in the same job) will the EOI consider 5 points ? Is it fine to do so or do we need to specify the information as assessed by VETESSES?

3. Considering the above points, EOI before submission states a claim of 65 points, while I am claiming 60 to the best of my knowledge. Does it include 5 points of SS?

What are the chances currently for an SS to be recvd from SA where my job is listed under CSOL under special category, 222311 Financial Investment Adviser

Thank you in advance!!
You can change your work experience in EOI until you receive an invitation to visa lodgement. You cannot change the EOI once invitation is received.

All the best,

Regards
Amitava Deb

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can change your work experience in EOI until you receive an invitation to visa lodgement. You cannot change the EOI once invitation is received.

All the best,

Regards
Amitava Deb
Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Further queries

1. Does EOI also calculate 5 points of SS at the time of submission?

2. How are the chances for invitation to be recvd from SA with a score of 60+5 for ANZSCO 222311?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
23,933 Posts
Further queries

1. Does EOI also calculate 5 points of SS at the time of submission?

2. How are the chances for invitation to be recvd from SA with a score of 60+5 for ANZSCO 222311?

Thank you in advance!

Just simply applying for the state nomination will not entitle you to the extra 5 points.

The EOI will add them to your total points only when one of the states decides to actually sponsor you

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your prompt response.

My total claim as calculated by EOI comes up to 65, however it should be 60 to the best of my knowledge. Could you please guide as to where this difference could be from.

My details are as:

Age - 30*

English Exam - 10
(PTE scores are L-83, R-79, S-76, W-75 with an average of 77)

Education - 15

·
Registered
23,933 Posts
Thank you for your prompt response.

My total claim as calculated by EOI comes up to 65, however it should be 60 to the best of my knowledge. Could you please guide as to where this difference could be from.

My details are as:

Age - 30*

English Exam - 10
(PTE scores are L-83, R-79, S-76, W-75 with an average of 77)

Education - 15

You can see the breakup at the end of the EOI submission

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can see the breakup at the end of the EOI submission

Cheers
Oh! Thank you :)

Ideally we should be able to see it before we Submit since they give the total anyways. Anyways I will check it post submission now and make changes then if required.

Do you suggest I re appear for the PTE for additional 10 points?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
23,933 Posts
Oh! Thank you :)

Ideally we should be able to see it before we Submit since they give the total anyways. Anyways I will check it post submission now and make changes then if required.

Do you suggest I re appear for the PTE for additional 10 points?

Thanks for your help!

A higher score is always preferable

What more can I say

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A higher score is always preferable

What more can I say

Cheers
Yes true!

Previous threads mention application of a different EOI for each state. Is that advisable? Or should I be selecting 'Any State' when it asks me for a preference And thus have the same EOI open for all states?

·
Registered
23,933 Posts
Yes true!

Previous threads mention application of a different EOI for each state. Is that advisable? Or should I be selecting 'Any State' when it asks me for a preference And thus have the same EOI open for all states?

The only drawback in having individual EOI for each state is that you have to submit and manage 6 different EOIs
You will also have to create 6 emails ids

The advantage is that many states do not proceed with application in which they see that you have applied to all the states
How far that is true, I don't know

So if you have different EOIs for each state you are effectively camouflaging that you have applied to other states as well, in case it is true

Now it is up to you on what you want to do

Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Whats the correct way to fill work experience in EOI & ACS

This is a Awesome forum and probably my most visited site after FB;)
Have a query that i am sure millions of other have too..Appreciate your comments on this !!

My Actual work Experience is:
Dates: 14/07/10 - 03/08/12 | Position: Solution Engineer---------- | Employer: Hewlett-Packard | Country: INDIA
Dates: 06/08/12 - 09/10/14 | Position: System Engineer----------- |Employer: Thomson Reuters| Country: INDIA
Dates: 10/10/14 - 08/03/17 | Position: Senior Application Engineer| Employer: Thomson Reuters | Country: INDIA
Dates: 09/03/17 ----Till date | Position: Lead Support Engineer---- | Employer: Thomson Reuters | Country: INDIA

In my ACS positive Assessment it is
Dates: 07/10 - 08/12 (2yrs 1mths) | Position: Solution Engineer------------ | Employer: Hewlett-Packard | Country: INDIA
Dates: 08/12 - 12/16 (4yrs 4mths) | Position: Senior Application Engineer | Employer : Thomson Reuters | Country: INDIA

In EOI its update as
Date:01/07/2012 to 03/08/2012 | Position:Solution Engineer------ | Employer:Hewlett Packard | Country:INDIA
Date:06/08/2012 to .............(Blank) | Position:Lead Support Engineer | Employer:Thomson Reuters | Country:INDIA

Now here are 3 million dollor queries,, pretty silly but i am sure its a million's people query.

1. My Designation got changed after i got ACS results and i need to claim work experience points for my latest designation work period as well., should i redo the ACS again to claim points ?

2. In ACS Result its mentioned as Senior Application Engineer but in EOI i update it as Lead Support Engineer. Is this correct ?

3. EOI has only the latest designation and ACS has only the 2nd last designation but in reality i have 3 designation in same company same role same team. Is this Acceptable ?

4. Although i have 3 different Designations in the same organization in same team in same work role (Thomson Reuters), i have mentioned only the 2nd designation for ACS, since that was the latest when i applied for ACS. Is this the correct way ? Or should i redo the ACS again to include my latest designation and show the split dates for all of my actual 4 designations ?

Sorry for the lengthy queries !!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
263111 | Points-60( Age:30 Work:5 Education:15 PTE:10) | ACS Positive| PTE R:73 W:74 L:69 S:66 | 189 EOI : 24/01/2017 | Invitation: :fingerscrossed:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts