Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Good Day.

I got the Child Visa granted for my kid. He initially entered Australia on a Visitor Visa after which I applied for a Child Visa for him, but I remember that once the Child Visa has been approved he has to exit out of the country to get his Visa validated, but in the grant notification there is no mention of it? Am I missing something or my understanding was not correct?

Thanks in advance. Appreciate your responses.

Regards
Kishore

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello All,

Good Day.

I got the Child Visa granted for my kid. He initially entered Australia on a Visitor Visa after which I applied for a Child Visa for him, but I remember that once the Child Visa has been approved he has to exit out of the country to get his Visa validated, but in the grant notification there is no mention of it? Am I missing something or my understanding was not correct?

Regards
Kishore
Hello kishore2b, I have a similar situation, I'm going to apply for a 802 for my daughter that currently has a 600 without the "no further stay condition", a couple of questions:
- Do you know if the child can be enrolled to school before the visa is granted (after lodged)?
- When you applied for the 802 what type of bridging visa your child got?
- Have a couple of doubts about the forms, you know what is the best place to resolve doubts with specific questions?

Thanks a lot. regards.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for your clarification Girl Aussie.

Regards
Kishore
Hi can i ask i am
Hello All,

Good Day.

Regards
Kishore
====================
hi,

i am a PR 189 visa too, however delivered my baby overseas since i was not able to return immediately due to pandemic. I will be applying offshore , is child visa 101 the one i should be applying?
also for visitor visa while waiting for approval which visitor visa was it?
hoping for reply

·
Registered
3 Posts
Child visa 802 is an onshore visa, hence your child is not required to exit Australia.

Girl Aussie
——————-
i am a PR 189 visa too, however delivered my baby overseas since i was not able to return immediately due to pandemic. I will be applying offshore , is child visa 101 the one i should be applying?
hoping for reply

·
Registered
92 Posts
——————-
hoping for reply
Hi Jel,

Yes, if you are applying from offshore, Child visa 101 is correct.
Visitor visa is 600 - Tourist stream

Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello kishore2b, I have a similar situation, I'm going to apply for a 802 for my daughter that currently has a 600 without the "no further stay condition", a couple of questions:
  • Do you know if the child can be enrolled to school before the visa is granted (after lodged)?
  • When you applied for the 802 what type of bridging visa your child got?
  • Have a couple of doubts about the forms, you know what is the best place to resolve doubts with specific questions?

Thanks a lot. regards.
Hi Atomixxx, wondering if you got answers to your questions above? We are also in the similar situation. We travelled to Australia last month and am planning to apply for the child visa 802 for my daughter. The current processing time is showing as 13 months. My daughter is 4 years old so wondering if she'll be albe to go to school after lodging the child visa? Also can she register for Medicare?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts