Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have following queries in filling 189 visa form

1. In non-migrating dependent family members
Can i enter my parents and brother details in this section
They don't have passport.

Or should i leave this column blank.

2. In education section
Should i enter my highest degree only or i should enter 10 th and inter details also

3. For past six years iam working in India, does this comes under overseas experience
As per my understanding Overseas hear means apart from Australia, is this correct

Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Please find the responses in BOLD letters

Hi,

I have following queries in filling 189 visa form

1. In non-migrating dependent family members
Can i enter my parents and brother details in this section
They don't have passport.

Or should i leave this column blank.

If you include them as non-migrating dependent then their medical and PCC would also be required and may require other dependency requirements like they are financially dependent on you etc

this could make your case a little complicated so it is better not to include them if they are not coming with you.

2. In education section
Should i enter my highest degree only or i should enter 10 th and inter details also

Start from bachelor.. no issue

3. For past six years iam working in India, does this comes under overseas experience
As per my understanding Overseas hear means apart from Australia, is this correct

YES

Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
Please find the responses in BOLD letters
Hi. hope u r fine..
I need ur help in my following situation. thanks in advance
Now a days i m preparing my self to apply for a 489 visa class as i had got an invitation las week.
Actually i m jobless since last year and want to move Aust without any delay.
Sencdly i am not including my wife nd kids in my visa aplication bcz my wife is expectd nw a days and other two childrn r also young (6 yrs nd 3 yrs). So i want to move alone to aust and aftr 4,5 yrs when i will be settled well there would like to bring my family there.. that’s y i did not include them as migrating family members. Now there is a question in visa form that "Have u any non-migrating dependents on you?
Now the issue is that if
1) I include my wife plus kids in this visa aplic form as non-migrating dependents then still the CO will ask for their med ,Pcc and passport etc where as my wife cannot afford X-Ray for med due to pregnancy. And if I will wait for the baby delivery then I will have to wait for 6, 7 months. Which is difficult for me as I have no job at the moment and want to move Aust to do some earnings. And now,
2) If I would not include wife and kids in my Visa form as non-migrating dependents then what would be the consequences ? As at the moment I will get benefit that I will have not to provide any med .pcc or passport for my these dependents .
But after 4, 5 years …
3) Would I be able to bring my wife and kids to Australia (on any visa) as they are really depending on me?
Or I could not bring them in future? I mean would the DIAC make any objection like that as I have not shown my dependent in previous visa/EOI forms so I could not apply for these dependents.
Plz help me in this regard I am really in confusion either to include them as non-migrating dependents or not?
Thanks once again and reply from any senior would be appreciated…

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mention their details as well, it will be beneficial later

Actually, mentioning details of non-migrating dependants is important.

They won't require to undergo medicals and PCC because they are not migrating; Australia doesn't worry about people who are not migrating.

------------------------------------------

Hi. hope u r fine..
I need ur help in my following situation. thanks in advance
Now a days i m preparing my self to apply for a 489 visa class as i had got an invitation las week.
Actually i m jobless since last year and want to move Aust without any delay.
Sencdly i am not including my wife nd kids in my visa aplication bcz my wife is expectd nw a days and other two childrn r also young (6 yrs nd 3 yrs). So i want to move alone to aust and aftr 4,5 yrs when i will be settled well there would like to bring my family there.. that’s y i did not include them as migrating family members. Now there is a question in visa form that "Have u any non-migrating dependents on you?
Now the issue is that if
1) I include my wife plus kids in this visa aplic form as non-migrating dependents then still the CO will ask for their med ,Pcc and passport etc where as my wife cannot afford X-Ray for med due to pregnancy. And if I will wait for the baby delivery then I will have to wait for 6, 7 months. Which is difficult for me as I have no job at the moment and want to move Aust to do some earnings. And now,
2) If I would not include wife and kids in my Visa form as non-migrating dependents then what would be the consequences ? As at the moment I will get benefit that I will have not to provide any med .pcc or passport for my these dependents .
But after 4, 5 years …
3) Would I be able to bring my wife and kids to Australia (on any visa) as they are really depending on me?
Or I could not bring them in future? I mean would the DIAC make any objection like that as I have not shown my dependent in previous visa/EOI forms so I could not apply for these dependents.
Plz help me in this regard I am really in confusion either to include them as non-migrating dependents or not?
Thanks once again and reply from any senior would be appreciated…

·
Registered
5,855 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi Keeda, will non-immigrating family members need Form 80 & Form 1221?

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
That I am not sure about, engfahmi. At least in the list of "Recommended documents" (in the immiAccount), it does not show these documents as "recommended" for them. I could be wrong though as this list varies for everyone, and even if not listed there, a CO can still request any document/ form for any of the applicants.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts