Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all, I hope everyone has had a good weekend.

My wife (U.S. citizen, the applicant) and I have a few queries we hope some of you may be able to help with. I am aware that some messages are discussing similar topics but none off which answer our specific problems.

1. When my wife paid the health surcharge, she was asked which processing centre she would Be using. if, when she submits her visas application it transpires that a different processing centre has a sooner availability for her to complete her biometric appointment, would when be able to use this centre? Does the fact that she put down a centre on the immigration health surcharge application obligate her to use that one for her biometric appointment?

2. Biometric Id card. It states that she must collect this within 10 days of arrival in the UK. how does this interplay with her intended date of arrival in the country? If when puts down one date but for whatever reason she cannot enter the country until two weeks later, what will happen? I appreciate that the immigration system is more technical than a man with a calendar, and that ukv&i will know when she actually enters the country, but we are curious and would like someone to allay fears that she'll be booted out or something.

3. Employment status. What is the emphasis, if any, on her employment status? Does this refer to if she wi'll have a job lined up on entry to the UK (surely not at the visa route would Be different, no?)? She is no longer working, in preparation for coming to the UK. Does housewife look better than unemployed? Confused.

4.i, her sponsor, was born in the UK. What is my date of arrival? My date of birth? Seems somewhat foolish to put that though.

5. Another IHS query. Does the IHS Number need to go in the electronic application? If so, where is an appropriate place to put it?

Any help greatly appreciated! We are so closed of submission and cannot wait!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
#1 Processing centre is Sheffield, UK, though issuing office is NYC. It has nothing to do with where she does biometrics.
#2 She must use the vignette within 30 days of 'valid from' date, or she may not be allowed in. 'Valid from' date is decided by her stated travel date (within 3 months). The system doesn't come on-stream till 31st May for US applicants.
#3 If she currently doesn't have paid job, just state none. It doesn't affect her application.
#4 Your DOB. Not foolish at all. Logical.
#5 No. Just write it by hand on top of printed-out form.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi! Thanks for your response.
I just spoke to my wife and she said:
In the Immigration Healthcare Surcharge Application the first page asks if you are applying within the UK. She is not since she is sending in her application via snail mail to Sheffield, so once she checks "No," a drop down menu appears from which it is requested to select a location for the Visa Application Center you are applying through. There are no options on this drop down within the UK and the NYC option is listed as "Super Priority." These are for applications that are eligible for the Super Priority Visa Service: only for certain points based system visa applications, not for settlement visas.

Therefore, the only other options from the drop down menu that make sense are the locations very near where she lives, where she will do her biometric appointment. \

Also, in regards to your response #2: What do you mean by vignette? Typo?

Thank you :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Family of a settled person visa?

hi,
i and my husband who is a british citizen by descent live abroad but are planning to relocate to the UK together? will i be right to say that i should apply for the "Family of a settled person's visa'?. can anyone please confirm or point me in the right direction since my husband is currently not in the UK cos we plan to relocate together. or is there another visa i should apply for??

any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
British citizen is deemed to be settled in UK as soon as they set foot on British soil. So you have the right form.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.