Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day to you all,

I have applied EOI today ( 25th Feb 2016 ) for 189 Skilled Visa as a mechanical Engineer with 60 points. As a Mechanical Engineer, my agent said that being from Mechanical Background I will be getting the invitation by one month. Is this true? The next EOI round is on 8th march 2016.

I have worked in Dubai as Design Engineer, as the workers rights are bad in gulf, my employer has threatened to arrest me for asking Experience Letter and then had seized my passport. So i did not bring up the topic. I am concerned if it really is necessary to produce experience certificate? ( This would be impossible ). However, I have the Offer Letter, Salary Slip of all months and visa copy on my passport with me. Please guide me.

Thank You

·
Registered
340 Posts
Good Day to you all,

I have applied EOI today ( 25th Feb 2016 ) for 189 Skilled Visa as a mechanical Engineer with 60 points. As a Mechanical Engineer, my agent said that being from Mechanical Background I will be getting the invitation by one month. Is this true? The next EOI round is on 8th march 2016.

I have worked in Dubai as Design Engineer, as the workers rights are bad in gulf, my employer has threatened to arrest me for asking Experience Letter and then had seized my passport. So i did not bring up the topic. I am concerned if it really is necessary to produce experience certificate? ( This would be impossible ). However, I have the Offer Letter, Salary Slip of all months and visa copy on my passport with me. Please guide me.

Thank You
You should probably get it in the next round. They havent reached the celing for mechanical engineer occupation. Still 25% left.

I am a mechanical engineer too. Waiting to give Ielts to apply for assessment. Can you please tell me of your experience with EA.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Easy

You should probably get it in the next round. They havent reached the celing for mechanical engineer occupation. Still 25% left.

I am a mechanical engineer too. Waiting to give Ielts to apply for assessment. Can you please tell me of your experience with EA.
Follow the below tips:

- Do not copy anyone's template. They normally reject it.
- Write your report based on your role. Do not write we, they etc. Always write " I have done, I have designed " Remember that it's about your skill. Not your teams
- Follow the booklet, download from Engineers Australia ( MSA Booklet ). This gives the right guideline, its tough to understand, however, you will understand it as you got through it. FIRST READ THE BOOKLET, UNDERSTAND IT.
Page 19 to 21, explains how CDR should be written.
Page 22, is the form you need to fill. I am not getting the link to download the form, its in the booklet
Page 32 to Page 36 are the guide lines to fill the form CDR, that is page 22. READ THEM OVER AND OVER AGAIN. UNDERSTAND WHAT IT MEANS, IT REALLY MATTERS.

If you stick to my points, you will clear easily. Most of them do not clear the assessment, as they are lazy or not serious about it and take it for granted.

Best of luck Bro. Any doubts ask me. I will be logging in daily on this forum.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Alright. Thank you.

Did you fast track your application and in how many days did you receive the report?

Did EA consider all your work experience ot did they deduct some years?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Alright. Thank you.

Did you fast track your application and in how many days did you receive the report?

Did EA consider all your work experience ot did they deduct some years?
Yup. Go for fast track. Just one week time. Everything depends on the paper work not your technical skills. I sought help of a MARA agent, as they are very well experienced. Just cleared two weeks back. It will cost you approximately 44,300 INR. Also, as I said go through the booklet. Fast track approximately takes one week. They stick to their time. I would advise you to apply using fast track option. Points for work experience is given at EOI stage not by Engineers Australia. I heard stories only for IT people who assess through ACS that they deduct 2 years, as they consider it as internship, however during submission of EOI they do not deduct as ACS is different and EOI is different. However, Engineers Australia does not do it. I will be applying my EOI by today afternoon. So, i will know by next week if they deduct or not. If they deduct two years, I am in a big soup then.

There is nothing to worry Bro. Just follow the rules and regulations.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yup. Go for fast track. Just one week time. Everything depends years, that will not be considered for EOI as well. You need to enter those years as 'not relevant'.e paper work not your technical skills. I sought help of a MARA agent, as they are very well experienced. Just cleared two weeks back. It will cost you approximately 44,300 INR. Also, as I said go through the booklet. Fast track approximately takes one week. They stick to their time. I would advise you to apply using fast track option. Points for work experience is given at EOI stage not by Engineers Australia. I heard stories only for IT people who assess through ACS that they deduct 2 years, as they consider it as internship, however during submission of EOI they do not deduct as ACS is different and EOI is different. However, Engineers Australia does not do it. I will be applying my EOI by today afternoon. So, i will know by next week if they deduct or not. If they deduct two years, I am in a big soup then.

There is nothing to worry Bro. Just follow the rules and regulations.
I am considering fast track as well.

In EOI you need to enter your experience according to the assessment. If ACS has deducted years, then you need to enter it as 'not relevant' while submitting EOI. Should be the same case with EA. Your EA report will say how many years they have considered. However I haven't heard EA deducting any years so far as long we have documents to support it.

what is your points breakup

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am considering fast track as well.

In EOI you need to enter your experience according to the assessment. If ACS has deducted years, then you need to enter it as 'not relevant' while submitting EOI. Should be the same case with EA. Your EA report will say how many years they have considered. However I haven't heard EA deducting any years so far as long we have documents to support it.

what is your points breakup
Engineer Australia did not assess my Experience. I don't think it is required. As the Case Officer will again check for your work experience based on your Offer Letter. The convincing part about our experience cannot be done by us. That's the reason you should get help of registered MARA Agent. Don't do everything by yourself, it's really tough. Or else, you won't know where you have stuck. However, i never heard anybody getting rejected for based on work experience as agents MARA agents cross check for you every detail before proceeding ahead.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Engineer Australia did not assess my Experience. I don't think it is required. As the Case Officer will again check for your work experience based on your Offer Letter. The convincing part about our experience cannot be done by us. That's the reason you should get help of registered MARA Agent. Don't do everything by yourself, it's really tough. Or else, you won't know where you have stuck. However, i never heard anybody getting rejected for based on work experience as agents MARA agents cross check for you every detail before proceeding ahead.
If I have understood you right, you have only done Standard Competency Demonstration Report and you have not done Relevant Skilled Employment Assessment. Are you not claiming points for experience?

·
Registered
42 Posts
A letter from HR or from your direct supervisor detailing your role and responsibilities is required as well for DIBP to verify your experience. There are cases where they will call the employer for verification.

So in your case, if HR is not being cooperative...you'll need to have a conversation with your direct supervisor. Check the Relevant skills assessment from EA, it details the three options to show proof of employment.

Good Day to you all,

Thank You

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I have understood you right, you have only done Standard Competency Demonstration Report and you have not done Relevant Skilled Employment Assessment. Are you not claiming points for experience?
Yup only CDR. But I did not assess my skill. They said it is already assessed by Engineers Australia. But I did not receive any document verifying document for my work experience.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yup only CDR. But I did not assess my skill. They said it is already assessed by Engineers Australia. But I did not receive any document verifying document for my work experience.
Any reason for not doing RSA. You could have claimed some points for it and been on the safer side.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any reason for not doing RSA. You could have claimed some points for it and been on the safer side.
Hey Buddy, sorry for the wrong information :fingerscrossed:. I contacted my Agent and cross verified. I have validated my work experience. I submitted all work experience document to Engineers Australia. I have got 5 points for RSA and 15 points for Engineering Degree. Whew.. :D

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hey Buddy, sorry for the wrong information :fingerscrossed:. I contacted my Agent and cross verified. I have validated my work experience. I submitted all work experience document to Engineers Australia. I have got 5 points for RSA and 15 points for Engineering Degree. Whew.. :D
No issues. Now its clear :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello !!!

Good Day to you all,

Thank You
Hello !!!!
I am also applying for EOI with 60 points but my consultant says it takes around 6 months with it and one a month if i can secure 70 points. Did you get the invitation in 1 month? Kindly revert >>>

·
Registered
42 Posts
@ aussileo30 - Please review Skillselect website, especially the Invitation Round tab and information provided in Current Round.

Most 70 point EOI applications get selected within the next round of Invitations. For 60 pointers the wait depends on how many existing and new EOI applications above 60 points are made before each invitation round.

Currently the occupational ceiling for Mechanical engineers has been reached for 2015-2016 year. Your EOI application will be picked during the 2016-2017 year starting in August rounds.

So follow the information on the Skillselect website and make your own assessment of how long it will take.

Hello !!!!
I am also applying for EOI with 60 points but my consultant says it takes around 6 months with it and one a month if i can secure 70 points. Did you get the invitation in 1 month? Kindly revert >>>

Reactions: aussileo30

·
Registered
4 Posts
@ aussileo30 - Please review Skillselect website, especially the Invitation Round tab and information provided in Current Round.

Most 70 point EOI applications get selected within the next round of Invitations. For 60 pointers the wait depends on how many existing and new EOI applications above 60 points are made before each invitation round.

Currently the occupational ceiling for Mechanical engineers has been reached for 2015-2016 year. Your EOI application will be picked during the 2016-2017 year starting in August rounds.

So follow the information on the Skillselect website and make your own assessment of how long it will take.
Appreciate your swift and clear response !!! I reckon the website doesn't show the list of applications or does it? I mean it's not possible to figure out the people who are ahead of you and who are in the same boat.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You are correct, DIBP does not provide that information. The Current Round section does provide statistical data of how many EOI applications were picked and what the points range was along with the cut off date on the wait list.

Appreciate your swift and clear response !!! I reckon the website doesn't show the list of applications or does it? I mean it's not possible to figure out the people who are ahead of you and who are in the same boat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts