Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Can anyone share the experience of applying Queensland SS for immigration?

Since there is no online application for this state, every document needs to be sent as hard copies only.

So would like to know the details on the required documents to be sent and the timeline taken for the approval of the same.

Many Thanks in advance for your help in sharing this information.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Anyone looking SS for queensland. Has someone sibmitted EOI dor queensland?
HI,

I submitted my EOI yesterday and have been informally invited by Queensland to make few changes in my EOI so that they can invite me to apply for State Sponsor ship.. what do you suggest? should i go ahead? I personally wanted to Apply for NSW...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Queensland will actually email you asking for more documents. I was asked for: proof of enough finances, evidence of commitment to live and work in queensland (an essay saying why you want to live and work in queensland, why you think queensland suits you etc.), and a copy of my skills assessment result. My SS was given to me pretty quickly after that. After submission, a couple of days later Queensland emailed saying that they are willing to sponsor me. Best of luck :)

Reactions: sherifat

·
Registered
38 Posts
HI,

I submitted my EOI yesterday and have been informally invited by Queensland to make few changes in my EOI so that they can invite me to apply for State Sponsor ship.. what do you suggest? should i go ahead? I personally wanted to Apply for NSW...
Well, the choice is up to you, but I just want to say that a chance like this may never come again. These two occupations: Other Engineering Professional - 2339 and Software and Applications Programmers - 2613 are currently not able to get SS from NSW.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was nominated by QLD on 20th November 2013

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dear friends,

Any one please help me .I have a small doubt . After finished my diploma i did one year of government paid Apprenticeship in Sundaram Clayton limited chennai.While applying EOI i included that also in my work experience .State sponsorship is also Approved.

please advice me Government apprenticeship will recognize as the work experience or not.

Salary drawn-3000 per month

working hours- 40 hours per week

·
Registered
25 Posts
hiiii... :)
I have applied for QLD SS on 13 March, 2014 and till date CO has only to show liquid assests of $30000 as Finances for settlement as all the other documents were present. After this, there is no update till date.

I am just geeting nervous as what could be happening now and when will i get to know the decision.

Can anyone please tell me what is the standard time taken by QLD to declare outcome of SS application.

·
Registered
277 Posts
well i wanna improve m english so can we can we have conversation via skype ?????????

·
Registered
63 Posts
hiiii... :)
I have applied for QLD SS on 13 March, 2014 and till date CO has only to show liquid assests of $30000 as Finances for settlement as all the other documents were present. After this, there is no update till date.

I am just geeting nervous as what could be happening now and when will i get to know the decision.

Can anyone please tell me what is the standard time taken by QLD to declare outcome of SS application.
Dear sir,

Actually no need to worry about that . Have you send the Payment reference E mail to the CO. if not send the copy to them. You will receive the invitation with in a day..

Thanks
rajesh

·
Registered
38 Posts
What would normally be the timeline before one will receive ITA? Is it still a day?

EOI on 01May and received the acknowledgement on 02May asking for more documents and proof (settlement funds, essay on commitment to work and live in QLD etc) for a QLD SS. Was given until 16May2014 to compile and submit all the docs required but will be submitting in advance, hopefully within this week.

Reactions: qld

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wingzee what occupation have you nominated? I am also eyeing Queensland SS but problem is my VETASSESS is still pending. I hope to make it this financial year. My nominated occupation is Biochemist 234513.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Qld, occupation is Ext Auditor 221213. Compiled all documents going to reply BSMQ by tomorrow. My timeline as below so far. Not sure how to put as signature.

190 | 221213 | IELTS: 14/03/14, Academic 7.5 | CPA Submitted: 28/03/14, Result: +ve 10/04/14 | EOI (65 Points): 01/05/14 | QLD SS (ackn) - 02/05/14 | QLD SS (approved) - ??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yippie! My agent just emailed to inform that my VETASSESS is positive. Going to apply EOI now. Sorry wingzee, but what is BSMQ? A bit blur.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congrats, QLD! Have you did your IELTS? If yes then perhaps it's time for EOI.

BSMQ = Business & Skilled Migration Queensland. They are the one who will contact you should they are interested in sponsoring your 190.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes. My IELTS was done in Nov 2013. General band 8.0.Thanks for the explanation. Is your application self lodged? May I know why you choose Queensland? For me, is bcos it is the only state sponsoring my application.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes. My IELTS was done in Nov 2013. General band 8.0.Thanks for the explanation. Is your application self lodged? May I know why you choose Queensland? For me, is bcos it is the only state sponsoring my application.
Hi qld, it is one of the states which sponsors my occupation and per my survey has most affordable costs of living among the rest. Have you submitted your EOI? I'm still waiting for my invitation.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi qld, it is one of the states which sponsors my occupation and per my survey has most affordable costs of living among the rest. Have you submitted your EOI? I'm still waiting for my invitation.
Hi wingzee,

EOI submitted on 13.5.14. Asked to provide further documentation (evidence of sufficient fund, essay) on 20.5.14. Dateline 2nd June 2014. Now in the process of gathering all the necessary documents and the statement of commitment. Good luck to you in your Qld SS. :tea:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi wingzee,

EOI submitted on 13.5.14. Asked to provide further documentation (evidence of sufficient fund, essay) on 20.5.14. Dateline 2nd June 2014. Now in the process of gathering all the necessary documents and the statement of commitment. Good luck to you in your Qld SS. :tea:
Sounds like you're right on track. Emailed my officer yesterday and it seems tha my application is still in the queue to be processed, results to be known by next week. That's 3 weeks in total from the date of documents submission, 1 week more than the usual timeline of 2 weeks, as per their website. Was informed that they are experiencing high volume of applications, perhaps alot wanted to rush to lodge before July 1st.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats wingzee,

Saw that you have ur Qld SS appoved and that you have lodged your visa application. So, the waiting period for Queensland approval is roughly 3weeks. Just submitted all documents to BSMQ today. Keeping my fingers crossed.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts