Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
is the USA considered a green country on the Philippine list?

I just found a list of countries dated back in July that are on the green list and the USA is not on there. Has the USA been added recently?

art

·
Registered
754 Posts
Good luck trying to get the proof.
  • VaxCertPH digital certificate
  • Bureau of Quarantine (BOQ) / World Health Organization (WHO) – issued International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis (ICV)
  • National digital certificate of the foreign government where they were vaccinated
  • WHO-issued ICV
  • the national digital certificate of the foreign government which has accepted VaxCertPH under a reciprocal agreement
I've been trying to get the yellow card, no slots available. Check your area here - https://icv.boq.ph/

Countries classified under green countries or with low risk of COVID-19 infection are the following:
  • American Samoa
  • Burkina Faso
  • Cameroon
  • Cayman Islands
  • Chad
  • China
  • Comoros
  • Republic of the Congo
  • Djibouti
  • Equatorial Guinea Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
  • Gabon
  • Hungary
  • Madagascar
  • Mali
  • Federated States of Micronesia
  • Montserrat
  • New Caledonia
  • New Zealand
  • Niger
  • Northern Mariana Islands
  • Palau
  • Poland
  • Saba (Special Municipality of the Kingdom of Netherlands)
  • Saint Pierre and Miquelon
  • Sierra Leone
  • Sint Eustatius
  • Taiwan
  • Algeria
  • Bhutan
  • Cook Islands
  • Eritrea
  • Kiribati
  • Marshall Islands
  • Nauru
  • Nicaragua
  • Niue
  • North Korea
  • Saint Helena
  • Samoa
  • Solomon Islands
  • Sudan
  • Syria
  • Tajikistan
  • Tanzania
  • Tokelau
  • Tonga
  • Turkmenistan
  • Tuvalu
  • Vanuatu and
  • Yemen
SOURCE: Philippines scraps facility quarantine for fully vaxed travelers from 'green countries'

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Yellow cards are available on Amazon.

·
Registered
345 Posts
almost 200 million people have been vaccinated against the virus in the U.S.. I don't understand why the United States is not on the green list for the Philippines. I see most of the 3 world countries are on the green list for the Philippines. Just like myself I have both shots plus the booster shot of phifzer.

I wonder when they will update this list? I can't imagine why the Philippines are allowing all the 3rd world countries to be on the list?

art

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have been following the BOI on Facebook since Jan 2020 and I have to give a shout out to the people posting on there relentlessly asking for an end to quarantine for incoming fully vaxxed tourists. They did it so much that a recent post on BOI actually acknowledged the heartache caused to separated couples and said they will work on opening borders.

This end of quarantine is a bit of good news. They still dont recognize a UK vaccination record so Im hoping thats the next thing to change.

The Philippines has been taken off the UK Red List so heres hoping they will reciprocate.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Yellow cards are available on Amazon.
I have that yellow card with all my flu, etc shots listed from years ago.

The requirement in the PI is BOQ is the authentication authority. We went to our local BOQ, the gate keeper guards tell you that you need an appointment online to get the Covid vaccine authentication documented in it. BOQ is also supposed to sell you the new updated yellow card for P370.

I check everyday to try and get an appointment, none available.

Try your local BOQ here at this site https://icv.boq.ph/

·
Registered
345 Posts
Does anybody know if the Philippines are accepting the CDC vaccination card as proof of shots? What is the yellow International certificate of Vaccination card needed if I have my CDC card?

thanks

art

·
Registered
345 Posts
the ICV is worthless to the foreigner that has been vaccinated in their country. The yellow card only applies to the ones vaccinated in the Philippines. so confusing.

art

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
almost 200 million people have been vaccinated against the virus in the U.S.. I don't understand why the United States is not on the green list for the Philippines. I see most of the 3 world countries are on the green list for the Philippines. Just like myself I have both shots plus the booster shot of phifzer.

I wonder when they will update this list? I can't imagine why the Philippines are allowing all the 3rd world countries to be on the list?

art
100,000 cases a day says your not a green country.

·
Registered
345 Posts
hey Gary

100,000 cases out of 400 million people here a day seems to be a small amount. I wonder how they consider a country on the green list??

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
hey Gary

100,000 cases out of 400 million people here a day seems to be a small amount. I wonder how they consider a country on the green list??
They just copy the CDC rankings. If you are coming from North Korea or anywhere else nobody comes from then you are in.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey Gary

we are closer to 400 million people here. those numbers you posted have gone down considerably in deaths. The real problem here is you can't make people wear mask or get shots. But, it has gotten much better. I got my shots the minute I was allowed to.

art
The 2020 Census was 329M and there might be 20M illegals. That total would be 350M, so were do you get 400M?

Chuck

·
Registered
345 Posts
hey chuck

do you live here????? Do you realize how many thousands that do not fill out the census report??? Between the illegals and the ones that don't fill out the census report then we are closer to 400 million.

art

1 - 20 of 30 Posts