Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any one advise how important the qualifications are on the 457 visa, I have 14 years experience in pay and admin in the Royal Navy, will experience be more important then qualifications or is it just as important? We are desperate it move out to Australia but cannot meet he qualification level for the skilled permanent visa.

G

·
It depends on the role being sponsored for. You must be qualified and/or experienced enough for the job. Experience in a similar role they'll want qualifications, experience in the exact same role not so much but if the role requires specific qualifications to enable you to register or get a licence to work then you must have them. If the role is highly technical and you have few qualifications in it and limited work experience they'll question if you were the best person for the role.

You were in the navy but what is it you do? What type of job would you be applying for?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's difficult to put an exact description of the job to compare to civilian jobs, in Royal Navy due to the nature of the job you cover everything from payroll, records management, archiving, cashier, expenses authorising and budget control, auditing, management checks and control, staffing issues and fire fighting! You name it in this field we cover it. I originally looked at office manager under permanent visa but as experience is all I really have the qualification is not good enough. Currently studying the 457 job list to best match myself in as my first choice is not on it.

G

·
Good luck, make sure you look at what they claim the job role actually is as well as the title because they don't always fit exactly and you could find one that matches you that wouldn't appear to from the title.

How about your partner, any skills or qualifications ther? Might be another option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.