Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and looking for some advise.

I'm aged 37, have cleared IELTS with 7.0 in all, have 13 years IT experience and a BCom graduate (1998 pass) from Delhi university and MBA IT from distance university (2011 passout) so my points are-

Age- 25
Qualification- 15
Experience- 15
IELTS- 10
Total- 65

However I understand if my qualification isn't relevant to the experience then I may only claim 10 points for qualification so a total of 60 points. So my question is:

1. Is it any sense for me to disclose my MBA IT degree for the points calculation as neither MBA nor Bachelor of Commerce is relevant to my experience of being in IT. Im told it may complicate ACS assessment for SE job.
  2. Should I apply for ICT SE job code or ICT PM as that's my current designation? If I apply for ICT SE then my MBA IT doesn't match with it and currently ICT SE is under individual skills but ICT PM requires state sponsor.

Any comments are welcome and thanks for your support in advance.

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Your MBA majoring in IT will probably be assessed by ACS, you need to check with them first.
BCom most certainly will not be assessed by ACS, in that case you can get it done from either VETASSESS or AEI-NOOSR.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your MBA majoring in IT will probably be assessed by ACS, you need to check with them first.
BCom most certainly will not be assessed by ACS, in that case you can get it done from either VETASSESS or AEI-NOOSR.
Not sure how to "check with them first" for the BCom degree ? The process I'm aware off is to submit an application with all the information and pay the fee. ACS then provide their assessment.

Is there anyone on this forum who has a similar qualification as mine (BCom) and can they confirm how was their assessment concluded by ACS out of four categories below as shown on the PDF on ACS site:

• ICT Major relevant qualification,
  • ICT Major not relevant qualification
  • ICT Minor relevant qualification,
  • ICT Minor not relevant qualification

MY worry is that if BCOm falls as ICT Minor not relevant (worst case) then I fall short by 5 points for 189 visa. In which case, should I also include my MBA IT qualification in my application if it can keep me in Minor but relevant qualification category ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts