Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear friends,

I seek your advise regarding 189 Visa. Can somebody please help me by referring to the Country Education Profile for India and let me know how any points would my qualifications fetch from ACS. Here are the details of my qualifications:

• 10+2 years of school completed in 1995
• 3 years Diploma in Electrical Engineering from Pusa Polytechnic (New Delhi, India) in 1998
• 3 years Bachelor in Business Administration from Manonmaniam Sundaranar University (Tamilnadu, India) in 2013

I want to file for Systems Analyst (261112) occupation for which I have very relevant 16 years of work experience from year 2000 to year 2017. My question is two-fold:
1. Is my diploma equivalent to Australian diploma to fetch me 10 points? Is my Bachelor degree equivalent to Australian degree to fetch me 15 points?
2. If I present my case with Bachelor degree (which is non-ICT), I’ll be left with only 3.5 years of work experience post qualification, hence I’m confused whether to present my bachelor degree or not. Can I present my work experience to ACS with only diploma qualification for skill assessment, and produce the Bachelor degree as highest qualification to fetch 15 points in SkillSelect?

Regards,

Amit

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Amit,

Both your qualifications are non-ICT so you will have to apply with RPL which demands 6 years of work experience anytime in the past (and not necessarily after graduation). I suggest you read the ANZSCO-Code-Information-2017.pdf

As for education points, since ACS will not assess your education, you will have to approach VETASSESS: Points Test Advice

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Amit,

Both your qualifications are non-ICT so you will have to apply with RPL which demands 6 years of work experience anytime in the past (and not necessarily after graduation). I suggest you read the ANZSCO-Code-Information-2017.pdf

As for education points, since ACS will not assess your education, you will have to approach VETASSESS
Hi buddy,

Many thanks for responding to my query. I went through the document and the link suggested by you.

If I’ve understood correctly, the assessing authority for ANZSCO code 261112 is ACS, who will comment on my qualification’s equivalency to Australian qualifications and will accordingly deduct a certain number of years of experience to comment on the residual qualifying experience. On the basis of this recommendation, I’ll be given points for qualifications as well as work experience by DIBP at the SkillSelect portal.

As you have implied, if ACS holds my Diploma/Degree equivalent to an Australian non-ICT Diploma/Degree respectively then they’ll deduct 6 years, otherwise they’ll deduct 8 years from my total work experience (before/after qualification). However, further implication is that if ACS does not hold my Diploma/Degree equivalent to an Australian Diploma/Degree then I’ll get zero points for my qualifications at SKillSelect (if they refer to ACS’s comments regarding qualifications, according to my understanding). I read on the forum that ACS refers to CEP (Country Education Profiles) for evaluating qualification equivalence, hence the request if someone with access to India CEP could let me know whether my qualifications are listed equivalent to respective Australian qualifications or not.

Regards,

Amit

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
In case of non-ICT qualifications, ACS does not state if your qualification is (or is not) at any AQF level. They simply don't say anything about it. People therefore take the PTA from VETASSESS who (I think) in turn may refer to the sources you quoted or may have their own process to certify about AQF equivalence of your degree.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts