Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Please help me to get education qualification points, I am short of 5 points to touch 60 points.

I have done following education from India-

1) Master in Business Studies (MBS) from university of Pune, one year, 2 semesters part time program
2) Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management ( PGDBM), Two years, 4 semesters part time program.
( I did not done any Bachelor degree, eligibility for PGDBM is either Bachelor degree or Diploma + 3years’ experience so I enrolled after my diploma+3 years’ experience )

In University of Pune, 2 years part time PGDBM + 1 year MBS is equivalent to 2 year Full time Master of Business Administration ( MBA ). It’s mentioned in their website.

3) I did Diploma in Electronics and communication engineering.

In my ACS result they have mentioned my Diploma in Electronics and communication engineering assessed as comparable to an AQF Diploma with a major in computing
Also my Cisco Certified Network Professional from Cisco completed assessed as comparable to an AQF Diploma with a major in computing.

However not mentioned anything on my Master and PGDBM degree in my ACS result letter.

Now diploma is giving me 10 points for education however if they have considered Master degree I would have 15 points. I am short of 5 points to reach 60 points.

Queries are as below-
1) Do we need Bachelor degree mandatory to get 15 points or is it fine to have Master degree which I am holding after PGDBM.
2) If Master degree can be considered for points, then whom to approach to get it validated for points. ACS did not mentioned anything on it, do I need to approach any other authority for its assessment.
3) Should I directly update my EOI with master degree ( don’t know how safe it is)

Please suggest.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hello,

Please help me to get education qualification points, I am short of 5 points to touch 60 points.

I have done following education from India-

1) Master in Business Studies (MBS) from university of Pune, one year, 2 semesters part time program
2) Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management ( PGDBM), Two years, 4 semesters part time program.
( I did not done any Bachelor degree, eligibility for PGDBM is either Bachelor degree or Diploma + 3years’ experience so I enrolled after my diploma+3 years’ experience )

In University of Pune, 2 years part time PGDBM + 1 year MBS is equivalent to 2 year Full time Master of Business Administration ( MBA ). It’s mentioned in their website.

3) I did Diploma in Electronics and communication engineering.

In my ACS result they have mentioned my Diploma in Electronics and communication engineering assessed as comparable to an AQF Diploma with a major in computing
Also my Cisco Certified Network Professional from Cisco completed assessed as comparable to an AQF Diploma with a major in computing.

However not mentioned anything on my Master and PGDBM degree in my ACS result letter.

Now diploma is giving me 10 points for education however if they have considered Master degree I would have 15 points. I am short of 5 points to reach 60 points.

Queries are as below-
1) Do we need Bachelor degree mandatory to get 15 points or is it fine to have Master degree which I am holding after PGDBM.
2) If Master degree can be considered for points, then whom to approach to get it validated for points. ACS did not mentioned anything on it, do I need to approach any other authority for its assessment.
3) Should I directly update my EOI with master degree ( don’t know how safe it is)

Please suggest.
Hi,

ACS did not consider your masters because they arent related to computers. They assessed your cisco and diploma as they related to your occupation i.e. computers.

I dont think you can do anything but accept it.

Do not make a mistake of mentioning Masters in EOI, it will give you 5 additional points which are not assessed by ACS. Over claiming points will result in rejection of the visa. Not to mention monetary loss.

Try to get maximum points from English test OR go for state sponsorship.

Edit- Others please pitch in if you have another view.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot for the reply, heard about vetassess assessment’s Points Test Advice option but don’t have more details as of now. If somebody know on it or previously done this please share experience.
1) Can this alternative feasible to get Master’s degree only assessed through vetassess, can it be supplementary to ACS result which I have.
2) Will vetassess consider my direct application or they need reference from ACS. In that case will ACS give me a reference letter, did someone gone through this ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Raj,
I had a similar case. Got my seafaring qualifications and experience assessed by AMSA, which was eq to an advanced diploma. I additionally had a MSc, which I got assessed by Verassess, as AMSA refused to. My MSc was assessed as eq to a AQF Masters degree. However, point to nite here is, I don't have a bachelor's.
As for your question, you can get it assessed by Vetassess. Now that Vetassess has equated the degree eq to a Master's (which on the AQF Level is at 9, higher than 7 that of a bachelor; can we claim 15 points?
Anyone who can shed some light.
Cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply and great to know that they have considered your Master degree equal to AQF master degree without the bachelor degree. That means it is appropriate and possible.

Did they assessed only MSC qualification.
Is there any statement in your result on points you can claim.

Did you commenced EOI or did you verify with DIBP if you can claim 15 points now.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi,
I haven't confirmed with DIABP, not sure they would reply even if I asked. I actually have already submitted my EOI. However, initially I wanted to claim for my masters and under claim for my work exp. this was getting me 60pts. But later realised the ambiguity related to the degree; so instead amended my EOI to claim all the awarded exp. (don't ask why I was under claiming, back callu some advise from various forum members :)) before, all this I had already applied for the Vetassess assessment, and today I received the result. Now I am not sure, if I should amend my EOI again, or just leave it the way it is. If I do, this will be my 2nd amendment, looking at this the future co may have doubts. Other members reading, suggestions would be of great help.
Cheers

·
Registered
90 Posts
. Did they assessed only MSC qualification. Is there any statement in your result on points you can claim.
Just realised I did not answer this question. I basically had to submit all my prior qualifications, including what AMSA assessment letter - my primary assessing body. And, no specific line stating that I can claim 15 or 10 points. It's an online applications, it would list down what documents are required. It took me roughly 6weeks to get an outcome.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Dhawal,

You can update your information at any time and even multiple times in EOI, no problem doing this if the information is correct.

If you provide updated information which changes your points score or your ability to make a complete EOI, Skill Select will update your ranking and ability to be considered for an invitation automatically.
So do it and include yours Master’s degree in EOI which will give you 15 points for education. Now you have positive assessment result with you.

Try to contact DIBP if you want reassurance on this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Dhawal,
Can you please help me out on below queries.
1) Is referral letter required for Vetassess assessment. Did you requested referral letter from AMSA (your primary assessing authority) to apply for new assessment in Vetassess.
2) Did you applied for Point Test advice or Skill assessment.
3) Did they assessed your highest qualification only ( Master degree) or all the qualifications including experience again.

Thank You.

·
Registered
90 Posts
1) Is referral letter required for Vetassess assessment. Did you requested referral letter from AMSA (your primary assessing authority) to apply for new assessment in Vetassess.
Actually not required. I submitted what AMSA had sent me for my assessment

2) Did you applied for Point Test advice or Skill assessment.

I applied for the point test

3) Did they assessed your highest qualification only ( Master degree) or all the qualifications including experience again.

I basically submitted all my qualifications. This would allow them asses how you have reached to the highest one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Dhawal,

I submitted my application and now uploading documents.
Can I upload high quality colour scan copies of documents only? Or do I need to submit colour scan of CERTIFIED copies.

What you did, on vetassess website it is not too clear.

Did you receive invite and are you able to claim 15 points now from DIBP.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Dhawal, I submitted my application and now uploading documents. Can I upload high quality colour scan copies of documents only? Or do I need to submit colour scan of CERTIFIED copies. What you did, on vetassess website it is not too clear. Did you receive invite and are you able to claim 15 points now from DIBP. Thanks for your help.
Hi Raj,
I uploaded certified copies. As for the invite, I updated my EOI on Saturday, and am still waiting. I Guess The grant would be something that would indicate if I was able to claim the 15 points. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts