Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice welcome please!
We are looking to book some Qatar to geneva flights for a weeks skiing next year, anf this involves an hour or so transit time in Doha, sorry if this is a dumb question, but would my bags and skis just be checked straight through and make the connecting flight under normal circumstances any ideas please?
And I'm thinking to book now but do they normally have sales at all at regular times?
Thanks in advance to anyone!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've been flying DXB-DOH-GVA 'round 4 times last year - always with Qatar Airways, usually had 1 to 1.5 hours layover in Doha, my baggage always went through (even though the airport has been busy at all times & also sort of in a transition past few months as new terminal is about fully functional soon..)

in terms of occupancy, DXB-DOH is generally almost fully booked, from DOH to GVA (both ways) however, plane is mostly half or even more empty!

for the fares, i've been checking'em from time to time; last flight end of February, I paid for GVA-DOH-DXB (stayed 4 days) back DXB-DOH-GVA 'round CHF 450.- which is about AED 1800 (booked round 4 weeks in advance)......quite cheap!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been flying DXB-DOH-GVA 'round 4 times last year - always with Qatar Airways, usually had 1 to 1.5 hours layover in Doha, my baggage always went through (even though the airport has been busy at all times & also sort of in a transition past few months as new terminal is about fully functional soon..)

in terms of occupancy, DXB-DOH is generally almost fully booked, from DOH to GVA (both ways) however, plane is mostly half or even more empty!

for the fares, i've been checking'em from time to time; last flight end of February, I paid for GVA-DOH-DXB (stayed 4 days) back DXB-DOH-GVA 'round CHF 450.- which is about AED 1800 (booked round 4 weeks in advance)......quite cheap!
Thanks for that! Good to hear from someone that it does work!! Instinct was to fly direct with emirates but the Qatar flight times suit us much more, prices quite good now I think and as a family of 5 and meeting up with over 40 friends for our annual skiing trip, I think I will just play it safe this time and book!
Thanks for the reassurance!

·
Registered
15 Posts
BTW!

there's a three day sale til t'row eve w/ QATAR AIRWAYS!

check: globl-sales-apr2012

I've been checking air fares Switzerland - UAE (both ways) regularly, Emirates pretty much always more expensive than QATAR, Qatar flights do have a stopover in Doha, but always quick & efficient..cheers

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW!

there's a three day sale til t'row eve w/ QATAR AIRWAYS!

check: globl-sales-apr2012

I've been checking air fares Switzerland - UAE (both ways) regularly, Emirates pretty much always more expensive than QATAR, Qatar flights do have a stopover in Doha, but always quick & efficient..cheers
Hi! Thanks for that, I booked it 2 nights ago and woke up to the 'sale' email so was having kittens that I'd paid more! But my flights for next feb so not covered, fortunately...!!! Thanks very much for the info though!!x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.