Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning to retire to this area next year, near Sauveterre-de-Bean or possibly Oreyte, does anyone live near this area that can give info on climate etc. Would like to get in touch with English expats.:)

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Planning to retire to this area next year, near Sauveterre-de-Bean or possibly Oreyte, does anyone live near this area that can give info on climate etc. Would like to get in touch with English expats.:)
Hi suenmike. originally from the UK I moved from Australia to Pau in mid September after 42 years in Oz - probably a bit far from where you intend to live. Weather in this part of tbe south west is generally milder than elsewhere (no Mistral as in the south east), but pretty wet. I'm really not settled yet and have yet to contact clubs etc in the area. I am however fortunate to have French family here.

·
Registered
155 Posts
We live in Bayonne (Pyrénées-Atlantiques) and yes, it does rain here (during the winter months). Day-long drizzle is unheard of - rainfall here tends to be short and sharp. The climate is characterised by mild winters and liveable temps in summer. Sauveterre-de-bearn climate. Good luck with your planning..
I do not mean to be contradictory, but coming from a dry climate (Colorado), I would characterize the last few weeks in the area(Biarritz) as consisting of multiple days of day long drizzle, cloud bursts that last a good 30 minutes and lots of regular rain...flying sideways, for most of a day. That said, the sun seems to peep out at least once per day, and a few cool days seem to be broken up by warm sunny days! Last fall the end of November was sunny and hot like summer...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.