Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:

My company HR is asking me the purpose of employment reference letter. I dont want to give the correct reason. What could I say? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
You could say you want to get an additional qualification (after-work course) and the reference letter will give you advanced credit, so you don't have to take as many hours due to your work experience. A couple of people on the forum have used that excuse before and it is perfectly credible ;).

·
Registered
973 Posts
I Used the excuse that I need to apply for a bank loan and submitted the same to ACS.
this purpose was mentioned on the letter and worked fine in my case.
note this was for my current company.

Reactions: birju_aussie

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You could say you want to get an additional qualification (after-work course) and the reference letter will give you advanced credit, so you don't have to take as many hours due to your work experience. A couple of people on the forum have used that excuse before and it is perfectly credible ;).
Thanks for the help expresso. I did the same, and now my HR is asking for details of certification that I'm planning to give. Dont know what to do :confused2: :noidea:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts